PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
i always smoke on my way to work, a few days ago somebody cut me off right when the light turned red i had to brake hard and i bit down really hard on my favorite corn cob (patriot) and crushed the stem. no big deal i have more stems but ended up wasting that bowl.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
DA! If course, I do!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
i had this exact same question a week ago. I am glad this thread resurfaced after 2 years. I string a stick shift Mustang GT. So it feels a bit cumbersome but I sure do enjoy the experience. It keeps me from texting and doing email (just kidding....) :crazy:

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
I now walk to work and it is usuly my smoking time. but when i did have to comute every day id switch from cigars off to a pipe different days. My second wife would pass the cigar on long drives. and i once asked my ex to relight my pipe but that didnt go over too well. im a clencher so stick shift doesnt bother me too much. I try not to smoke with the kids in the car. My son calls my cigars my stinky sticks, but seems to be coming around to the pipe smoke.

Aug 14, 2012
I haven't been a licensed driver in 30 years. When I was, I did not smoke a pipe on the motorcycle. Sometimes a cigarette or something similar. A pipe is nice in a closed car, but I have trouble staying awake driving those things, and the pipe makes it worse.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I smoke a pipe that may be a hundred years old while driving that has a very very good windcap built into it with a tamper built into the windcap that tamps down with a spring when you press on the metal in the center of the cap, it literally tamps down to the bottom of the bowl, nearly the whole diameter of the bowl. It also has a very large button, which makes it really easy to grip in the teeth, with very soft vulcanite. How handy is that?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I know, it was $28 on Ebay, I was the only bidder! It was in very rough shape though and definatley a gamble. I brought it back to life and will post pics on the resturation someday (I am doing it very slowly in parts). Right now I really need to sand/refinish the bowl.
I got lucky because the briar was in very good condition, but the finish and the finish of the windcap were shot (plated) and I have never seen oxidation this bad. The chamber iteself was so clogged with tar that I had to punch it out after soaking it in alcohol to soften it up with a metal tamper, I thought I was going to break it by the pressure required even after soaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.