PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Get a Stanwell Featherweight. Perfect little road pipes. I never thought of the added benefit of staying out of your way when it comes to full bent pipes. I have never smoked a full bent pipe, but I seem to be getting more and more curious. This may be the final straw in my decision to start smoking bents.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Oh Phil, you've gotta get a full-bent pipe if you smoke and drive! Not only does it stay out of the way for vision and steering, but it has great leverage so you can clench it almost continuously without jaw fatigue. This dinky little pipe, believe-it-or-not, is a group 5; and was as cheap as a basket pipe, so I don't mind leaving it in a parked car.

DSCN0442.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That is good looking pipe Cortez.

Is is a Brebbia Lectura?

I like my Brebbia.

I have converted it to a Churchwarden, and it smokes very well, even though it is shellacked. But, I don't drive with it. It's just too long.

I do agree with you about the curved pipe for driving.

I rarely drive with a straight pipe for the reasons you mentioned.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lawrence, a stamping around the stem says, "Made in Italy", but I don't know who made pipes for the Tinderbox label back in the late 1960's.

This one is a very good smoker and has seen a lot of use.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I permanently loosened the stem of a pipe once by leaving it in the car on a hot day. I always take my buddy in with me now.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Phil, I didn't even think of that! How mindless we can be sometimes. I'm glad you posted-up,

because I'm gonna cease leaving the pipe in the car -- at least in the summertime. Thanks.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
As I'm so fond of saying, I used to be a Moron, but converted to Presbyterianism in my later years.

I guess I still look like one though -- except when I walk with a billiard clenched in my teeth.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Well, I've been smoking a bowl on the way home from my 30 minute commute and I have noticed that I set the cruise on 65, rarely go into the LH lane, and have stopped getting pissed off at all the Moron's....it's a really great thing, and I think it is the perfect way to make sure you never get a speeding ticket again. Still searching for that perfect blend.....but I'm still in my infancy of eposure to all the different ones out there.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Never. From the start of spring till the end of fall I ride my scooter unless me and Riggs the wonder dog are going to the dog beach. I have the crappy car in the family. The only thing I'd have left at the end of a ride if I smoked while I drove would be a burning ember clinging to partially melted vulcanite and a severely burnt throat. I don't smoke much in the winter since I live with a bunch of pipe smoking haters.
KY339.15835026-1-x.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Riggs looks like a fun dog. We have a guy in the neighborhood with a dog that looks like Riggs and the dog runs along side the guy as he is bicycling down the street. The dog stays right beside him, at the same speed. When he stops, he'll nod to the dog, and the dog will go over to the fire hydrant, etc., take a quick whiz, and is back in position....no leash in sight anywhere.

willh

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
If I drove an automatic, I think I would have an easier time of it. As it stands, though, I don't smoke my pipes while driving. I have enough to worry about with the crap drivers around here, and having to constantly change gears.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Not any more. Herself has COPD. I only smoke in my man cave now.

WillH, I used to drive a truck with a 13 speed or a 10 speed manuel transmission while smoking a pipe. Back then it was bents only to keep them out of my line of sight. My big atvantage was I could see quite aways ahead setting eight to nine feet above the road.

And no, I didn't try to load a pipe while driving. I loaded a days worth before starting.

willh

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I used to drive a truck with a 13 speed or a 10 speed manuel transmission while smoking a pipe.
I readily admit that you are certainly more talented that me, sir.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
There's nothing like lighting up a pipe to allow you to tolerate 5 miles of backed up traffic on the internet. Of course once I passed the jam I'm driving 75mpg with the steering wheel lowered between my knees as I am lighting my pipe!

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Uh...that should be interstate, not internet. Speeding on the internet! What's next?

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
when i was driving truck for the most part i smoked cigars. did have a pipe i smoked once ina while...

Status
Not open for further replies.