Do You Have a Lakeland Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Do you have a dedicated Lakeland pipe or pipes?

• Yes, one or more dedicated to types of Lakelands

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • No, Lakelands go in any pipe

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No, I will not pollute my pipes with Lakeland sauce

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Do you only smoke Lakeland tobaccos in a specific pipe or pipes? I have taken the stories of difficult ghosts as admonishment, and decided to dedicate a pipe to the more perfumey Lakelands.

Blends such as FVF, in which I can detect no floral topping go in any pipe I regularly use for Virginias. But as I sit contemplating the bizarre flavour of this bowl of #7 Broken Flake in my sacrificial Charles Towne Cobbler, I do not regret having saved my briars until I decide if I actually like the stuff.

986E649A-B0F4-417E-857C-BC52EC04BD19.jpeg

So what‘s the verdict? Lakelands seem popular these days, so I’m sure most of you have been confronted with this choice.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
I have a couple of pipes I use for Lakeland tobacco. One for 1792, and another for Ennerdale.

Have a reasonable stash of 1792. Problem is... can't find any Ennerdale. Haven't seen it in a long while, anywhere. Have one tin in my cellar.

Don't know when the drought will end....

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Have a reasonable stash of 1792. Problem is... can't find any Ennerdale. Haven't seen it in a long while, anywhere. Have one tin in my cellar.

Don't know when the drought will end...
Ennerdale dropped in the big Gawith drop back in January. Only available on bulk, I think. Word on the street is that it will be available a little more frequently now that Gawith has a different distributor in the US.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Yes, I have one Briar and one Cobb I smoke Lakelands out of. The briar is for Ennerdale and blends with that sort of sauce, the briar is for stronger blends such as rum flake. The lighter dressed blends get smoked out of a va/VaPer pipe.

Which leads me to a follow up question: For those of you who have 4-5 Lakeland pipes, how do you divide those among the blends?