PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
You know, there is another that came to mind, and I'm going to get some flak for it, but I did not like Three Nuns. It was my first experience with DFK, and though I enjoyed the barbeque notes of the DFK, the rest of the blend was bland, dry, and not very enjoyable. I'm still very new to DFK blends, but literally everyone I've tried so far have been more enjoyable than 3N.

Now, I've heard that 3N changed their recipe a few years back, so maybe that was a factor or I just had a bad tin. But based on what I smoked, I don't get the appeal. It was very mediocre to me.

Reactions: UncleRasta
What's the point of this thread? I'm too bored to read it anyway. Everything about pipe smoking is subjective, so why the rants?
Grumpy Od Man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Being we're talking about bad smoking blends....

Here's a little blend you can easily make to give to a tobacco mouch. You know, the kind of guy who is always "fresh out" and wants to "borrow" a pipe full of what you're smoking, but never offers any of his to someone else.

I'll leave it to your imagination as to how to deliver it, but here's how to make it. Take a small amount of any blend you want and then get hold of one hair from a horse's tail. Chop the hair up and mix it in the tobacco. I guarantee that after the mouch smokes a few puffs of this he will never ask to borrow your tobacco again. :LOL:

Opening_to_Ma_and_Pa_Kettle_at_Waikiki_1995_VHS-MJiwpknocZY_000030.jpg
"Pa Kettle"

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That would work! I bet that enough hair of any beast, including the human one, would do the trick. Or bits of wool. That'd fix any mooch's pestering.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Hey Dan (@woodsroad) what was that awful stuff that was in the box pass several years ago. It was in a blue wrapper in a brick? I think it was from England. It smelled and tasted gross.