PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SaxonX

Might Stick Around
Sep 20, 2021
Staffordshire Moorlands GB
I like both of those blends. However, on the bad side for me: Rattray Bagpiper's Dream and Exotic Passion, Capt. Black Grape, Visions of Celephais, Haddo's delight, Vauen Shire (the pineapple one is just awful) and, a recent entry Sutliff Halloween Candy Apple is pretty darn insipid. Rarely have met a virginia or virginia flake which is terrible enough to be included on this list.
Bring back Bagpipers Dream....I absolutely love it! 😁

RudyG

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2023
New York
I smoked lots of Balkan Sobranie in the late 60s early 70s. Tried the new reissue and didn't like it at all. Boring in my opinion.

White Knight and Black House are much better to my taste.

The closest I've come is combining Black House and McClelland Balkan Blue 50/50. Blue is no longer available but can be found if you're willing to pay.

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
When I first began I bought 1oz samplers of a dozen or more blends, mostly aromatics because I didn’t know any better. Nearly all of it ended up getting dumped in the garden.

I’ve tried a bunch of times to love an SPC tobacco but I seemingly can’t. I don’t like Mississippi Mud or Plum Pudding. I like English and Balkans, just don’t like SPC much other than their Virginias.

Had a bad experience with Captain Black white, too. Made me sick or something.

Snakeseye

Lurker
Aug 15, 2021
Israel
As far as for my list:

Pegasus
Missouri Meerschaum: Lord Morgan
Pirate Kake

Those are the ones the come to mind that created a reaction that strongly negative that I won't ever think about revisiting or recommending to anyone.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
4 Noggins Button Bay. Tasted like burnt soap to me.
Lane BS-005. Tastes like smoking a Very used ashtray.
2 that I will never revisit.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Pennington Gap
We Three Kings
Plum Pudding
Briar Fox

Each of them had some potential but I just couldn't make them work for me. The first 2 I understand why I didn't appreciate - just not my genre.
But the other 2? That really baffled me. I "should" like both of them...

Also had a lot of trouble recently with #7 Broken Flake sample. The Lakeland essence is much stronger in that blend than I want - yet I can do a little Ennerdale Flake sometimes. Weird.

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
When I first began I bought 1oz samplers of a dozen or more blends, mostly aromatics because I didn’t know any better. Nearly all of it ended up getting dumped in the garden.

I’ve tried a bunch of times to love an SPC tobacco but I seemingly can’t. I don’t like Mississippi Mud or Plum Pudding. I like English and Balkans, just don’t like SPC much other than their Virginias.

Update: I jarred the tin of Plum Pudding that I didn't like more than a year ago. Tried again last night and nope - still don't like it.

Going to be dumped out in the garden I guess 🌱:ROFLMAO:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Update: I jarred the tin of Plum Pudding that I didn't like more than a year ago. Tried again last night and nope - still don't like it.

Going to be dumped out in the garden I guess 🌱:ROFLMAO:
I've never returned to one and liked it. First impression is really all I need to know.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho

As far as the SPC offerings I've tried the only one I really like is Wild Man it's more Oriental forward and has some guts/Burley, not really into sweet stuff I like to taste the baccy.