PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Ya, I heard that too. I'm definitely not buying that. I'm inclined to believe that it is as you say.. a story, with no basis of fact. It simply sounded good, so off it goes into the digital media and people start quoting it as if they heard the man say it himself.
Yeah 6 months is hard to believe, I have been smoking a no name lattice at work instead of a cob sense my wife bought it for me for my birthday. 1 bowl a day for a few weeks now and very little color. Maby if they smoked something soaked in rum or something, for 16 hours a day no breaks in-between. Too many variables to be 💯 but he'll anything is possible and to stain like that looks like one of those Morgan Bones lightning scorched pipes (don't know the technical term 😃) very cool looking.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I love this pipe. Every time I see it I start drooling. I'm a sucker for skull anything, and I've seen a bizillion skull meers, but this one of yours seems to hit all the right notes for me.
Kenan did that one very anatomically correct. Many are too horror movie or cartoonish for my liking. Ali can make a good one too.

Remini20220427133600868.jpg

Oguz Simsek does great ones in briar.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Had bowls 50, 51, and 52 last night putzing around in the garage. I get my best smokes when I'm not paying attention to the pipe.
PXL_20230116_154509093.MP.jpg

I tried keeping the pipe really clean in the beginning. And that has faded. I am past the point of caring.

PXL_20230116_154646013.MP.jpgPXL_20230116_154654079.MP.jpg

The cake is pretty uneven, so instead of reaming it, I'll just hit it with a folded pipe cleaner lightly inside the bowl.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Had bowls 50, 51, and 52 last night putzing around in the garage. I get my best smokes when I'm not paying attention to the pipe.
View attachment 195027

I tried keeping the pipe really clean in the beginning. And that has faded. I am past the point of caring.

View attachment 195028View attachment 195029

The cake is pretty uneven, so instead of reaming it, I'll just hit it with a folded pipe cleaner lightly inside the bowl.
I go with the slightly moist paper towel after every couple bowls, usually when im done smoking it for the day, the @Chasing Embers method, like to keep the bowl at least fairly clean so it soaks up whatever the hell it soaks up to color, seems the cake would keep it from getting that "cool smoke" and oily goodness.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I go with the slightly moist paper towel after every couple bowls, usually when im done smoking it for the day, the @Chasing Embers method, like to keep the bowl at least fairly clean so it soaks up whatever the hell it soaks up to color, seems the cake would keep it from getting that "cool smoke" and oily goodness.
I don't see why it would be any different than a briar. A thin, hard, even Cake would be most desirable to provide the best smoking experience. I would think that's the priority.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
We're seeing if caking up one works. So far it hasn't affected the smoking characteristics.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
We're seeing if caking up one works. So far it hasn't affected the smoking characteristics.

Yup! Gotta see what these Meers can handle! I'm 🤏 this close to taping the pipe out on the heel of my boot! 😂🤘