PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Bowl 18 was this morning (terrible weather and two days off) , and Boy was it already over due for a water flush! Phew was it bad. Not physically dirty, just taste. Boy did bowl 18 taste bad.

Immedietly after the flush, I ran two pipe cleaners down the stem. Then folded them and cleaned the bowl lightly. After determining that the interiors were dry, I could hear a bubbling sound. Almost like sizzling bacon. I could hear what I think was excess water traveling through the lattice.

Bowl 19 was in spent with Carter Hall, half in the garage and half on the porch in -17 F windchill. But boy did it smoke so much better after its bath! It's like magic I tell ya!

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Bowl 18 was this morning (terrible weather and two days off) , and Boy was it already over due for a water flush! Phew was it bad. Not physically dirty, just taste. Boy did bowl 18 taste bad.

Immedietly after the flush, I ran two pipe cleaners down the stem. Then folded them and cleaned the bowl lightly. After determining that the interiors were dry, I could hear a bubbling sound. Almost like sizzling bacon. I could hear what I think was excess water traveling through the lattice.

Bowl 19 was in spent with Carter Hall, half in the garage and half on the porch in -17 F windchill. But boy did it smoke so much better after its bath! It's like magic I tell ya!
Happy puffing from your meer...I am on bowl 49 on mine but it never tasted bad it never needed a water flush at all...It is great that yours improved...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Happy puffing from your meer...I am on bowl 49 on mine but it never tasted bad it never needed a water flush at all...It is great that yours improved...
Mine haven't had an off taste either and all I'm doing is blowing any moisture into the chamber after dumping the ash. Washing them flushes away what they need to color.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This thread got me thinking, I'm looking for a larger meer with a nice lattice call it @hoosierpipeguy envy, I had to go weigh one of my small meers that came in at 1.2 oz ... so i know when i look at the pipes online to stay away from anything that lite. lol
Yes, and it's taken me over ten years, but now I know exactly what I prefer in weight. I bought probably 20 pipes without even looking at weight. Crazy thinking about it now.