PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Meerschaum does not color from smoking. The "wax" in the meerschaum colors. If you want to do a nice job of coloring your new meer you should only handle it by the stem and never touch the bowl or shank... especially when it's warm. This can cause thw wax to come off and be replaced with the oils from your fingers... not what you want. puffy

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Meerschaum does not color from smoking. The "wax" in the meerschaum colors. If you want to do a nice job of coloring your new meer you should only handle it by the stem and never touch the bowl or shank... especially when it's warm. This can cause thw wax to come off and be replaced with the oils from your fingers... not what you want. puffy
This is part of the experiment. Not handling it in any special way, no extra wax, no special cleaning regimen, etc. Just me, and this pipe, for 365 days.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
@Ahi Ka : I have one Condor Plug I have to send off to a chum on the forum. After that one plug I have none left since I shipped my entire Gallagher stash to my late friend Weezell earlier this year and I am pretty sure he smoked his way through most of it. I doubt I will ever smoke that particular plug ever again.
Haha yes I remember you sent all the polish stuff to Weez. I also remember how stoked he was with it. Ok @didimauw PM me your address. I’ll send some to ya, along with a link to a Walmart gift card.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI

OK Everybody, I'm Giving you one chance, and only one chance here.

So Make it Count.

Since we aren't far into this yet (5 days, 12 bowls) I want to know if you guys would rather see me color my new Astas bent Apple meer , instead of my Altinay. They are both about the same size. But I can see the translucency already on the Astas, and I believe it will color in a faster and more fun way.

However It's up to everyone who cares enough to watch this dumb thread.

I need votes. And apparently they took away the poll option, as I couldn't find it. :confused:

Keep or Change.

PXL_20221220_030635742.jpg
PXL_20221220_030654897.jpgPXL_20221220_030623245.jpgPXL_20221220_030744211.jpg

Tomorrow 12-20-2022 at Noon Central time I will count the votes. Every vote counts. (If I even get any at all ha)

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon

OK Everybody, I'm Giving you one chance, and only one chance here.

So Make it Count.

Since we aren't far into this yet (5 days, 12 bowls) I want to know if you guys would rather see me color my new Astas bent Apple meer , instead of my Altinay. They are both about the same size. But I can see the translucency already on the Astas, and I believe it will color in a faster and more fun way.

However It's up to everyone who cares enough to watch this dumb thread.

I need votes. And apparently they took away the poll option, as I couldn't find it. :confused:

Keep or Change.

View attachment 188430
View attachment 188431View attachment 188433View attachment 188434

Tomorrow 12-20-2022 at Noon Central time I will count the votes. Every vote counts. (If I even get any at all ha)
One vote here for the astas meer!