PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm not generally into covers, but there are always exceptions...and at the top of the exception list is the Queen of covers...Linda. In particular, her stellar album Simple Dreams.

She owns these two as far as I'm concerned...yes even the Stones cover is better than the original IMO. The only exception on the album is maybe Carmelita...I think I still prefer Zevon's original of that one.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Hendrix and Metallica are the kings of covers. The Beatles were upset when Hendrix played the entire Sgt. Pepper album live less than a week after the release.

Johnny Cash with Hurt.

Quiet Riot with various Slade songs (Cum On Feel the Noize).

Various covers of Louie, Louie (which I believe is the most covered, recorded song of all time).

The NIB albums (both I and II) have some of the best Black Sabbath covers ever (Supernaut is amazing) by major bands.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Pretty much any cover by Govt Mule.
SRV's covers of Superstition and Little Wing
Phil X and the Drills do great covers. I really like their cover of Black Sabbath's Faries Wear Boots.
I have never been a fan of Marylin Manson, but his cover of Tainted Love is great.
A band called Bort do a cover of Everyone Wants to Rule the World that I am very fond of.
Rush did a full album of covers called Feedback that is awesome.
Leo Moracchioli has made a career of doing fantastic covers.
Post Modern Jukebox is a great site for excellent covers.