Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
That's a little premature.

Their recent run of Limited and Small Batch releases have been largely successful I would say.

Satisify some big customers at the expense of the many smaller customers who only want a couple of tins. I would want all my customers to have equal access. What's next 5lb bricks.

They will sell it all. No doubt. Just like Sun Bear had no meaningful limit on number of tins to purchase so alot of guys missed out. Alot of people were disappointed about that.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
They will sell it all. No doubt. Just like Sun Bear had no meaningful limit on number of tins to purchase so alot of guys missed out. Alot of people were disappointed about that.
Is that true? There was a follow up release on P&C awhile after the initial release that was posted here. Did people still miss out? Sorry, just curious a I was excited about the release as well and was able to a few tins without much effort, but I realize that timing (i.e., ones availability to take action on the announcements) was key. Okay, back to the current conversation in this thread...

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I'm just excited to get so much free tobacco with my reusable vinyl sticker.
I'm actually curious why they didn't package it in a larger Mason jar, vacuum seal them, and price it accordingly for the extra material and shipping. Don't they produce the BriarWorks blend that are packed in smaller mason jars?

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I like it. It’s like a small batch bulk offering, put it away in whatever storage method works for you. Some type of large 1 pound tub would be a waste of resource.

All of the 1 pound flakes from Mac Baren come as a sliced brick in plastic that I buy. C&D already offers some blends in bricks in plastic. It’s interesting this causes such a stir.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I like it. It’s like a small batch bulk offering, put it away in whatever storage method works for you. Some type of large 1 pound tub would be a waste of resource.

All of the 1 pound flakes from Mac Baren come as a sliced brick in plastic that I buy. C&D already offers some blends in bricks in plastic. It’s interesting this causes such a stir.
I only mentioned the jar packaging because they made a point of including the sticker to put on a jar, I believe that they produce and package the BriarWorks blends in jars, and this 1 lb packaging sleeve is different than their other 1 lb tins and other plastic/cardboard bricks.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm actually curious why they didn't package it in a larger Mason jar, vacuum seal them, and price it accordingly for the extra material and shipping. Don't they produce the BriarWorks blend that are packed in smaller mason jars?
Not everyone, me among them, wants a large mason jar. I prefer the tobacco split up among smaller jars. Not to mention the difficulty and added expense of shipping all those glass jars. No question, some would get broken creating a big headache on returns.