PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This may actually supply a public service, ridding the world of contestants for a Darwin Award.
This.

I’m all for it! I think they should have giant group dinners with all their friends (if they have any actual in person friends though a zoom with what they call friends would work too) and eat pounds of the stuff followed up by tide pod cocktails and snorting Borax.

Do you guys not fact check? This all started with a joke, and the FDA fell for the joke... and now people use it all to put down people who were initially making the joke. I'm not sure who is more stupid, TikTokkers, the FDA, or a bunch of old men who think people were actually eating chicken cooked in NyQuil.
temp.jpg

There was also a joke site that posted this thing about how to eat a cat. It was obviously a joke, because they used a coffeemaker to cook the cat, and no dead cats were even shown, but people reacted to it as if it were real, forcing it off the WWW temporarily, till it just started showing up everywhere.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
Do you guys not fact check? This all started with a joke, and the FDA fell for the joke... and now people use it all to put down people who were initially making the joke. I'm not sure who is more stupid, TikTokkers, the FDA, or a bunch of old men who think people were actually eating chicken cooked in NyQuil.
View attachment 170755

There was also a joke site that posted this thing about how to eat a cat. It was obviously a joke, because they used a coffeemaker to cook the cat, and no dead cats were even shown, but people reacted to it as if it were real, forcing it off the WWW temporarily, till it just started showing up everywhere.
No need to be an asshole. Most people just seen the FDA warning.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as an asshole. But, like the FDA overreacted, so therefore everyone else did. Whereas, for some, the first instinct is to Google it to see what is going on.
People eating Tidepods on the other hand, ha ha.
No problem then. Sometimes I come off as an asshole. I just seen it trending and gave up.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
About the weirdest thing we did as kids was smoke tea leaves & spices and try to light our farts.

Nowadays kids shove all sorts of things (even living) where the sun don't shine, eat soap, snort salt, stuff themselves till they vomit and cook with cough syrup. I don't get it.
Pyroflatulence is one of the most amusing and under rated past times ever conceived - I would not have got through University in the U.K without the Student Union bar, cans of beans or a good curry and a box of Swann Vesta's for a Friday nights entertainment! Fart lighting - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fart_lighting

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Nifty fact words mean different things in different contexts. In real life day to day stuff a trend is something you noticed lots of people doing a lot more the thing then previously. Like man I keep seeing those stupid shoes everyday now. On the news trend means a few people did this thing that either they've been doing forever but with a tiny new spin on it (like the time they called mugging the knock out game) or that a few people are doing something that is just stupid or shocking.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Well... it's probably to mimic that sleepy feeling one gets after eating turkey without needing to deal with the generally dry quality turkey has.
Chicken actually has as much tryptophan as turkey, which is about the same for all poultry. Egg whites have more than 4× as much, but people don't tend to gorge themselves on egg whites and pumpkin pie as often lol.