New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so boring ordering a pipe and getting what you ordered. I'm actually curious as to what's coming my way.
Maybe it's just me, but I get a disconnect between the picture of the pipe and what it's like to actually hold the pipe I ordered when it arrives. Whether it's size or some comprehension in what the pipe will really be like. All too often the pipe seems larger in the picture, or vice versa.

Reactions: Toast and Casual

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
Maybe it's just me, but I get a disconnect between the picture of the pipe and what it's like to actually hold the pipe I ordered when it arrives. Whether it's size or some comprehension in what the pipe will really be like. All too often the pipe seems larger in the picture, or vice versa.

Completely agree. Also, you get to do a comprehensive QC once it's in your hands. Of the 4 pipes I received this week, one had a fairly pronounced pit which wouldn't have been shown in a pic, and another had a lousy fit between the stem and mortise along with some sad silverwork.

SoliDeoGloria

Lurker
Nov 18, 2020
Bluegrass, KY
I bought this a few months ago as my 2nd pipe because I was curious about churchwardens...

Gotta say, it smokes great (if a bit hot) and the wood on it is gorgeous. It's not briar of course, but it has a generous bowl and I like it!

Yes, I immediately took the stinger out.

1605802463513.png

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I bought this a few months ago as my 2nd pipe because I was curious about churchwardens...

Gotta say, it smokes great (if a bit hot) and the wood on it is gorgeous. It's not briar of course, but it has a generous bowl and I like it!

Yes, I immediately took the stinger out.
What is the wood? Where purchased?

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
Yeah, it was my first Peterson pipe and it has put me off Peterson pipes. This was meant to be one of their higher end pipes as well.

It was disappointing because I had been looking at this pipe shape for years and finally pulled the trigger recently.

Sounds like a similar experience. This one wasn't terribly high end, a Dracula bulldog. That said, I have had other Petes in the past that were solid.

Reactions: tobefrank

SoliDeoGloria

Lurker
Nov 18, 2020
Bluegrass, KY
What is the wood? Where purchased?

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

I'm not sure if it's rosewood or what...they're vague about it but it came pre-carbonized and does the trick.

I'm not big on sharing location on my profile; I'll call it out on a post if it's a necessary part of the conversation/context. If you ever hear me talking about wildfires and air quality, it's safe to say that the world has come to an end. ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.