PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
This scientific thread has been one of the most informative and educational of the entire forums so far. In particular, the explanations on the part of the manufacturer to the technical innovations of his pipes were amazing. Here, the physics of the 3 basic materials used were overcome in a vivid, yet never before seen way. Plastic could become wood, wood could become metal, or even metal could become wood, and always in a constant final ratio of half/half or in one materiaj only. Please keep in mind, we're talking about a handmade high-end pipe here, not the kind of pipe you can get from a gumball machine or toy store. The human customer service is friendly, knowledgeable and seems to be regularly trained by means of educational films like...

Unfortunately, the progress of the thread was unintentionally stopped because the pipe was expertly checked for wooden contents, but just at that moment completely switched to plastic mode, which, I suppose, only the manufacturer's own human customer service could have reliably detected.

Last edited:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Unfortunately, the progress of the thread was unintentionally stopped because the pipe was expertly checked for wooden contents, but just at that moment completely switched to plastic mode

Kind of like a "Schrödinger's Pipe" situation. It was all wood, but also metal, until heat was applied to it and it turned to plastic.

@Kottan , thank you for summing up my findings in a very eloquent way. Feel free to publish in a scientific journal if you see fit.

Well that was a journey to read through this thread bahaha!

"It is not the destination, but the reading of 15 pages"
- Abraham Lincoln, probably

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Kind of like a "Schrödinger's Pipe" situation. It was all wood, but also metal, until heat was applied to it and it turned to plastic.

@Kottan , thank you for summing up my findings in a very eloquent way. Feel free to publish in a scientific journal if you see fit.

"It is not the destination, but the reading of 15 pages"
- Abraham Lincoln, probably
Thanks Mike,

but it was your scientific research and I do not want to adorn myself with borrowed plumes. I had so much fun watching the whole experiment unfold in real time from start to finish. Well, the pipe unfortunately died, but so would Schrödinger's cat, if he had not only carried out his experiment mentally, but also experimentally like you. And at least you got along without prussic acid.

Seriously, I have the suspicion that the manufacturer of this pipe did not consider the essential aspect of heat at all when constructing it. A cold pipe that was already dead when it reached you. I think you were able to show that very nicely in your last attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.