PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
LOL! I've got one tin 🥳. I imported it and it cost me £34. I thought that was a lot of money when I bought it but I'd give my left arm to get some at that price now.

I purchased a few tins of 14 year old 1776 from a forum member and i'm looking forward to trying that. It's supposed to be pretty tasty.
It's by far the largest stocking of a single blend that I've done. I always like the CC's but also always felt that here was something missing, not quite achieved with every one of them. Then I bought a couple of tins of the 40th, tried it and thought, Yep THIS is what Christmas Cheer should have been?". Then I bought a bunch of it over a few purchases. No regrets. It's one of my favorite smokes, and that's all that counts.

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
It's by far the largest stocking of a single blend that I've done. I always like the CC's but also always felt that here was something missing, not quite achieved with every one of them. Then I bought a couple of tins of the 40th, tried it and thought, Yep THIS is what Christmas Cheer should have been?". Then I bought a bunch of it over a few purchases. No regrets. It's one of my favorite smokes, and that's all that counts.
I really wish that the 40th blend had the "broken flake" cut that the numbered series had. The broken flake for 22/24/27 are easily rubbed out into a shag type cut.

40th is my pinacle McClelland, but would say i prefer the cut of the the numbers more.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
I've heard it said that the virginia used in McConnell Black Parrot, and McConnell Old London Pebble Cut issourced from the same place McClellan got their's from. I mean it sounds like bull to me, but is there any truth to it?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
but don’t have the pocket to keep chasing all those wonderful blends
That one was discontinued a few years prior to closing and I got many of my tins on sale for less than $10. Though I really enjoy it, I'd never pay more than that for it.

Reactions: isaac

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
Do any blenders take orders to make copy blends and if so what is minimum order?

Anyone know?