Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
rotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotf

img_8593.jpg
Those soldiers are on a leash and have to follow orders...or not, and face consequences.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Back to the "apologizing" thing for a second...

I wouldn't be surprised if the cartel now has a psychologist-staffed PR group who are applying what decades of focus groups and empirical evidence has shown about human behavior. Which is that all you have to do to win the hearts of people who secretly WANT to like you or WANT to believe a situation is better than it actually is, is act out of character---in this case, meaning like a decent human---once in a while in a high profile way.

It gives such people something real-world they can cling to and point to when defending their willful self-delusion. (i.e. since drugs are finally becoming accepted by mainstream society, the people who supply them can't be all that bad.)

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
And it’s doubtful Mexico will want any help from USA law enforcement to battle the cartels. Can you imagine the howl if we lost just one American cop to a gun battle?
They have already asked for help, and we have given it, and we have already had cops killed in gun battles there. We've had cops killed with guns that our own government allowed to be smuggled into Mexico. This has been going on for decades, with no resolution in sight.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
You might want to read up on Waco. The US military was involved. Just Google it. It's a fact.
The FBI hostage rescue team is not under the command of the President, and not part of the military.

David Koresh was not a domestic enemy.

He was a cult leader, under investigation for illegal machine guns. Then cult members murdered federal law enforcement officers.

The Posse Comitatas act forbid the President to send in the United States military.

Military forces are not police.

Military forces hurt people and break things, that’s it.

We don’t want soldiers being cops.

Reactions: Toast

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
The FBI hostage rescue team is not under the command of the President, and not part of the military.

David Koresh was not a domestic enemy.

He was a cult leader, under investigation for illegal machine guns. Then cult members murdered federal law enforcement officers.

The Posse Comitatas act forbid the President to send in the United States military.

Military forces are not police.

Military forces hurt people and break things, that’s it.

We don’t want soldiers being cops.
That's it? Screenshot_20230310-214859~2.png

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Obviously, it doesn't matter in the big picture. But still funny the apology came out. What's funnier is, Mexican president took an apology back saying drug is an American problem. I guess he doesn't think you know who will win. Now, it will be a hoot if he wins and Mexican president has to deal with him. God, I international politics. Their lips must be like sandpaper kissing all sorts of asses.
The Mexican president went far, far beyond simply taking back the apology and blaming America. I encourage everyone to listen to his full speech. You might want to have a drink in hand when you do.

He openly threatened to interfere with and influence our elections. Remember when the entirety of the media was gnashing their teeth about foreign interference in our elections a few short years ago? The reality is and always has been that every foreign government will seek to influence our elections to align with their own interests. The Mexican president though openly threatened to mobilize Mexican citizens to vote against the political party that he associates with being against the interests of Mexico. That's right. The president of Mexico knows that foreign nationals vote in our elections, and he admitted it, publicly. He directly threatened to use voters' allegiance to Mexico to undermine our elections.

Folks, when foreign nationals vote in your elections, you are no longer a sovereign country.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
It was the same story in Nazi Germany and every other totalitarian regime, ever.

Nice try, pessimist. :mad:

Everyone knows humans have changed into something immeasurably better over the past ten years.

Everyone except you, apparently.

They are more accepting, loving, helpful, charitable, kind, peaceful, and cooperative than the "old" version humans that existed from 3,000,000 BC to 2013 AD.

It's true because this they---and others like it----say so:

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 9.53.49 PM.png

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Nice try, pessimist. :mad:

Everyone knows humans have changed into something immeasurably better over the past ten years.

Everyone except you, apparently.

They are more accepting, loving, helpful, charitable, kind, peaceful, and cooperative than the "old" version humans that existed from 3,000,000 BC to 2013 AD.

It's true because this they---and others like it----say so:

View attachment 208569
There's something wrong with that picture.

stearmandriver

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2018
That's right. The president of Mexico knows that foreign nationals vote in our elections, and he admitted it, publicly.
You're ignoring the part where he was talking about United States citizens voting in a US election, who might have interests in or even also hold citizenship in Mexico. No one ever suggested that anyone was illegally voting in our elections.

Remember, several high profile investigations tried very hard to find evidence of that and failed utterly.

Not saying that the statement from the Mexican president was particularly responsible, but let's not spin it into an entirely different narrative. He was talking about people voting legally.

Reactions: MarcosEZLN

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Waco was the FBI, not the United States Army.

And Waco, however justified, was a public relations disaster. To this day some people sympathize with cult leader David Koresh.

The United States military exists to defend America from other nation’s armies.

Governors call up state militia (national guard) units to enforce laws.

When I’m at my farm and look up and see an A-10 at treetop level I wave, if I have time.

The US military is the good guys.

Pray God they are never used as game wardens.:)

You hear some politician rattle on about invading Mexico and it’s just to get elected.

It won’t and can’t ever happen.
Why invade Mexico? They are already here with wide open border and all those wonderful soon to be legal summer of love drugs. Least we could do is actually act like we care which I have not seen in last two plus years. I live in an area with good number of colleges. I hear about somebody's son or daughter dying almost every other days. Do something about it. At this point, I know we can't stop drug. But somebody's logic says gun can be controlled. Control the illegal drugs first.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
You're ignoring the part where he was talking about United States citizens voting in a US election, who might have interests in or even also hold citizenship in Mexico. No one ever suggested that anyone was illegally voting in our elections.

Remember, several high profile investigations tried very hard to find evidence of that and failed utterly.

Not saying that the statement from the Mexican president was particularly responsible, but let's not spin it into an entirely different narrative. He was talking about people voting legally.
"Starting today we are going to launch an information campaign for Mexicans who live and work in the United States, and for all Hispanics, to inform them of what we are doing in Mexico, and how this initiative by the Republicans, in addition to being irresponsible, is an offense against the people of Mexico, a lack of respect for our independence, our sovereignty,”

Status
Not open for further replies.