PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Sitation like this always boil down to the same thing.

Best illustrated by the following question ---

When an organized criminal organization becomes so wealthy and successful that it can influence governments & lawmakers to legalize its activities, are they still a criminal organization?

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
O
Mexico is a sovereign nation.

The USA isn’t going to invade Mexico and clean up the cartels. Besides the Posse Comitatas Act forbids our military from enforcing domestic law, much less enforcing laws in Mexico. Every lawyer in the United States was taught that in law school.

And it’s doubtful Mexico will want any help from USA law enforcement to battle the cartels. Can you imagine the howl if we lost just one American cop to a gun battle?

The best solution is for Americans to realize Mexico is not safe, never was safe, and may not ever be safe.

Visit Canada.
One word...Waco.
Wait two...Patriot Act
Laws are great but the government doesn't abide by a damn one of them. Tell that story to all the nations where we stuck our nose in their business.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Question:

When are the spelling termites that come out AFTER a post's edit time has expired going to be dealt with around here?

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 7.42.57 PM.png

Reactions: bullet08

stearmandriver

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2018
I flew to Mexico almost weekly for about 15 years, usually to overnight. We got weekly state dept briefings once the cartel violence ramped up. The takeaways were always the same: Americans in Mexico are in danger from cartel violence not because we're targets (the cartels care nothing about us), but because these folks just don't value human life. At all. It just doesn't matter; it is not even a consideration.

It's like if there is an ant between your front door and you car when you're going to work in the morning. Not only do you not care if you step on the ant, but in all likelihood it never even occurs to you to wonder if you MIGHT step on an ant. That's how little you care, right? That's how the cartels think about human life; or rather, don't think about it.

So of course any apologies from them are not genuine. It's equally ridiculous to think they fear any statement from any American politician. American politicians have been "gonna get 'em" since Ronald Reagan. These cartels know better than possibly a lot of Americans why that'll never happen, and it doesn't have anything to do with corruption in American politics (unless you consider the blatant lie of "we're gonna stop the cartels" to be corruption, but I hardly think that counts, everyone lies to get elected.)

Naw, this apology was to the residents and businessmen of Matamoros, with whom the cartels curry favor and do business. They no doubt did not intend to hurt the business of the cosmetic surgery tourism industry. Many of those surgeons are probably their partners in one way or another. It's kind of like when one country screws over another - they don't really care, but diplomacy requires an apology.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Sitation like this always boil down to the same thing.

Best illustrated by the following question ---

When an organized criminal organization becomes so wealthy and successful that it can influence governments & lawmakers to legalize its activities, are they still a criminal organization?
Or put another way (paraphrasing) treason doth never prosper, because if it prospers, none dare call it treason.

If anyone's interested in a detailed, well researched, well cited history of the union between intelligence and organized crime, try this. It's about much more than Epstein...it's the whole modern history of this underworld that the multi-millionaire talking heads on TV who pose as journalists will never investigate or talk about.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Obviously, it doesn't matter in the big picture. But still funny the apology came out. What's funnier is, Mexican president took an apology back saying drug is an American problem. I guess he doesn't think you know who will win. Now, it will be a hoot if he wins and Mexican president has to deal with him. God, I international politics. Their lips must be like sandpaper kissing all sorts of asses.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
O

One word...Waco.
Wait two...Patriot Act
Laws are great but the government doesn't abide by a damn one of them. Tell that story to all the nations where we stuck our nose in their business.
Waco was the FBI, not the United States Army.

And Waco, however justified, was a public relations disaster. To this day some people sympathize with cult leader David Koresh.

The United States military exists to defend America from other nation’s armies.

Governors call up state militia (national guard) units to enforce laws.

When I’m at my farm and look up and see an A-10 at treetop level I wave, if I have time.

The US military is the good guys.

Pray God they are never used as game wardens.:)

You hear some politician rattle on about invading Mexico and it’s just to get elected.

It won’t and can’t ever happen.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX

And Waco, however justified, was a public relations disaster. To this day some people sympathize with cult leader David Koresh.

When I’m at my farm and look up and see an A-10 at treetop level I wave, if I have time.

You hear some politician rattle on about invading Mexico and it’s just to get elected.

The oath that I took when I enlisted was to protect the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Or put another way (paraphrasing) treason doth never prosper, because if it prospers, none dare call it treason.

If anyone's interested in a detailed, well researched, well cited history of the union between intelligence and organized crime, try this. It's about much more than Epstein...it's the whole modern history of this underworld that the multi-millionaire talking heads on TV who pose as journalists will never investigate or talk about.

Vol.1 and 2 ordered

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
rotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotfrotf

img_8593.jpg

stearmandriver

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2018

It won’t and can’t ever happen
Exactly. It's a ridiculous premise.

It's also nowhere near that simple, even if it could happen. Invade Mexico? Sure. And then Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia.... And wherever else they move to if ever pushed out of a current base of operation. We going to invade all of central and south America?

And for every cartel head you capture or kill, there are 100s of desperate and ambitious up and comers ready to take their place.

I don't think anyone really knows how to solve this, but I think this war isn't winnable beyond our own borders.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina

You might want to read up on Waco. The US military was involved. Just Google it. It's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.