PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
How is this possible that I missed all of the infighting? I find myself here way more than my family would like me to be and yet I still miss all the fun!

Maybe we need a thread where people can just vent, like "The Octogon" or "The Yard" where people can go and verbally duke it out without getting butt hurt?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
How is this possible that I missed all of the infighting? I find myself here way more than my family would like me to be and yet I still miss all the fun!

Maybe we need a thread where people can just vent, like "The Octogon" or "The Yard" where people can go and verbally duke it out without getting butt hurt?

Trust me, it's better sometimes when it's not seen by the public. Haha.

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
I have found this forum among (if not THE) most congenial of all I have visited or joined.
If there has been a ruckus, I missed it (by either by not visiting the specific thread, or not perceiving the problem/slight/personal attack.
I like the attention given to keeping this place congenial!
Cool smooth smoke to all...?

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN

He’s right!

Mods, we need a ... Purge Night! ? Anything goes!

lol j/k

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

Or maybe anyone who gets too far out of line could be forced to binge-watch '80s Chuck Norris movies for 24 hours straight with no tobacco or alcohol...with their eyes clamped open like in Clockwork Orange.

If they survive that without losing all cognitive functioning they can then rejoin the forum.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Or maybe anyone who gets too far out of line could be forced to binge-watch '80s Chuck Norris movies for 24 hours straight with no tobacco or alcohol...with their eyes clamped open like in Clockwork Orange.

If they survive that without losing all cognitive functioning they can then rejoin the forum.
Those were the days!! Between the Octogon and American Ninja I was so stealthy, sneaking around the house kicking butt!

Who says Orange Octagon therapy doesn't work! That why we need clinical trails!

Reactions: lightmybriar

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
It strikes me that the response to continued boorish behavior should not be to ignore it. The expectation should be that folks discourse in a civilized manner. And, typically, when someone gets called out, there's the predictable dog pile and schoolyard accusations of "sensitivity." There's another thread live now that talks about what we would like to see "come back." And, I see responses like: common courtesy, empathy, and personal responsibility. I think those elements still exist, but we have to self-regulate appropriately.
That thread gave me a good beginning to an ignore list that will, im sure, make a positive contribution to my over all peice of mind :)

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I agree. I must have missed the threads where the inappropriate behavior occurred.
frankly it kind of sucked. Basically cause the whole thing was completely unnecessary. Frankly it came down to some people not being grown up enough at that moment (Oh I've been that person before far too often), to say people believe all kinds of stuff and that's cool when the thing isn't terrible (being polite isn't going to make something not horrible) and nobody is shoving their believes down anyone else's metaphorical throats. It happens. As long as everybody can play nice they probably won't be taking our toys away.

Status
Not open for further replies.