Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

DrTeeth

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2022
Indiana
shiftdrinkpodcast.com
Mmmm, a big bowl of Drakkar Noir. Not puffy
True story… when I was 12-13 and thought Drakkar Noir was the epitome of haute fashion, I took a bottle on vacation with me. And it broke in my bag. It ruined EVERYTHING. All my clothes smelled like drakkar long after my opinion of it wore off. Now I can smell that shit from a mile away now. It’s imprinted on my soul. Luckily, I don’t often run into people that wear it (is it even still made?!)

To me, Drakkar Noir smelled like Members Only, knit ties, and disappointment.
True story… when I was 12-13 and thought Drakkar Noir was the epitome of haute fashion, I took a bottle on vacation with me. And it broke in my bag. It ruined EVERYTHING. All my clothes smelled like drakkar long after my opinion of it wore off. Now I can smell that shit from a mile away now. It’s imprinted on my soul. Luckily, I don’t often run into people that wear it (is it even still made?!)

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I remember there was a guy on this forum who put corks in his pipes when they weren't in use because his wife claimed she could still smell the tobacco wafting from their chambers.

So, you could do that, I guess. Corks are probably cheaper than cologne. But if you must put cologne in your pipe, make sure the cologne matches your preferred baccy. OTC colognes should pair with OTC blends. Nothing like a little Brut to go with your Half 'n Half.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Used to know a coworker who was in the Air Force. He used to bath in cologne or something. He smelled like someone that came out of men's aftershave section of a department store. Never said anything to him. Maybe he had body odor issue.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
It is still made but they altered the formula so it’s not as strong. I think one of the old ingredients is now considered carcinogenic so they swapped out something. It was haute fashion if you were 13 back in the 90’s, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and DrTeeth

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Used to know a coworker who was in the Air Force. He used to bath in cologne or something. He smelled like someone that came out of men's aftershave section of a department store. Never said anything to him. Maybe he had body odor issue.
As a flight instructor, I distinctly remember a Middle Eastern student who left behind a cloud of cologne.

Our flight suits are made from nomex, which is a flame resistant treatment. Students are taught very early on to not use fabric softener when they wash their flight suits as it negates the flame resistant properties.

This particular one took it lost in translation as “never wash your flight suit”… which meant they stank to high heaven after 18 months of training due to sweat and fear.

Yeah it was bad. I gave him the proper debrief.

As to the OP- hey, there are no dumb questions. There are, however, always dumb answers lol

Don’t take it personally around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.