PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
First, no. Gross.

Second, clean your pipe inside and out.

Third, there are numerous ways to get rid of a ghost or other bad smell. Examples include a hot water flush, coffee grounds in the bowl, alcohol and elbow grease, and various other methods. This forum has many threads on each of the.described cleaning methods.

Fourth, spraying cologne or perfume on something that smells doesn't fix the issue. Think of a taxi driver with bad body odor that tries hiding the smell. It's not hidden, not covered, and makes a worse smell.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hey, folks. Is it safe to spray some cologne Into the bowl ? MY pipe just have awful bad smell
You can absolutely spray cologne into the chamber of your pipe. It's not illegal. The physics work. You'll just completely screw up your pipe. So, can you spray cologne into your pipe, of course. Should you spray cologne into your pipe? Of course not.
Clean it out, scrape away the cake in the chamber, scrub out the airway from the chamber to the bit. S/A treatment to follow.

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
Oh goodness no!

As Jacob said, you may introduce new oils into the wood that would permanently ghost your pipe—-or at least for a LONG time.

Do the deep clean method!

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Hey, folks. Is it safe to spray some cologne Into the bowl ? MY pipe just have awful bad smell

What the hell?

I am not sure if this was a serious post or one to be silly. But… if it is serious….. there is no way I would want to smoke a pipe that had cologne sprayed into it.

If your pipe smells “bad” or “sour” I would suggest a careful cleaning.

Putting cologne into the bowl of your pipe would only introduce things you would not want to be smoking.

In the greater scheme of things…. I am rather put off by the “scent” industry…. But especially the electric room devices that you put heated oils and other liquids in. None eliminates odors…. they only add another HEAVY odor on top of what is there. All the odors can get overwhelming fast.

Back when malls were active…. I would sometimes enter the mall where my wife wanted to enter and walking into or through stores with “spritzer girls” was a big challenge. Even though they didn’t spritz me with any of their perfumes/colognes/toilet waters….. there was typically a wall odor of many many different scents combining into something overpowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.