PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Ha ha ha... I have no empirical evidence that sticking one's hand into the garbage disposal while it is running is either good or bad, but I will gladly watch as someone tries it. puffy
Wow. You've lived your whole life without ever cutting your hand on a sharp object before? Incredible. ;)

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I was gifted a Knute freehand from a friend who found it in an antique store someplace. I believe this exact treatment was applied to the pipe at some point, maybe by the previous owner, or by the shop owners in an effort to cleanse that "stinky pipe". It smelled strongly of old lady perfume. I sent it to SATX pipe to be rehabbed and he couldn't even get the smell fully out after several ozone treatments.

Since then I've smoked it a few times and I could certainly taste the perfume, especially the first couple of bowls. It now seems to be slowly fading and getting less and less after each bowl. I continue to be torn if I should keep enduring a hint of musty flower sent until it's gone to recover the pipe fully since it was a gift, or if I should put it to pasture as a display piece.

So as I guess someone who has actually tested this technique I don't recommend it!

Reactions: Winnipeger
Wow. You've lived your whole life without ever cutting your hand on a sharp object before? Incredible. ;)
Mine doesn't have sharp objects inside of it. It just sort of pummels the food till it fits down the small holes inside of it. I've had to stick my hand inside it several times, but never while it was running.
1670272587242.png

Status
Not open for further replies.