PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I assume you want to smoke the pipe. Yeah don't do that. Not sure if your issue is a ghost or that seem acrid ashtray smell that dissipates on it's own and is partially ameliorated by cleaning the pipe after smoking and also more fully with the application of a small amount of time. If it's the first deep cleaning is in order, if it's the second some tobaccos are better for this brief period others worse but all better then trying to cover it with cologne. Oh and fun fact cologne has chemicals in that can turn into some really nasty stuff when burnt or even raised to a non burning temp. Like give you cancer and do bad things to your nervous system bad.

Reactions: beargreasediet

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
You’ve already gotten a bunch of very wise advice on why you should not spray cologne into your pipe -ever! And some ways to neutralize the ”off smell” you don’t like.
However, it’s time for some fun.

I guess if you’re gonna dedicate the pipe to navy blends you could use old spice? Or, maybe if it’s going to be for Orientals you could use some high karate!

Hmm, what would work for ...?
Sorry I just couldn’t resist. I’m having an incredibly good laugh right now.🤣

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Deep clean and coffee grounds sound pretty good. You absolutely don't want to spray any commercial scent (or any other scent) into your pipe. Most fragrance is a chemical simulation of natural scents, floral, spice, musk, and etc., that is not meant for internal use, not meant to eat or inhale, both of which you do when you smoke a pipe.

So you start with unknown random chemicals in the cologne, then you burn them creating benzo-a-pyrene and who knows what else, depending on the formulation. You just don't want to do that. So the short answer to your question is no, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.