PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Someone got the bright idea I need to be on the other side of town Fri and sat...I'm trying to convince them its a silly mistake...we shall see.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I'll definitely be there, the kitchen pass has been blessed.
Update: Looks like my Special Reserve 2012 arrived so I'll have some of that and the Summertime to share! :D

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Something I've learned from working here the past year tho...never know what the heck is gonna happen till it happens

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Drat Chris. :-(
I should be there unless disaster strikes tomorrow morning. And I have 5 baggies of a wonderful surprise with some free sampling going on from a young blender in Austin ! She's really cool, got to talk to her Monday and I swung by on my way home to pick up some of her blends. She has a VA-Per flake which I'm smoking right now and is not bad at all. More to chat about tomorrow. Chris, I'll save you some.
See you guys tomorrow

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I thought of you though.. One of the blends has Lat ;-) not a lot, but I can tell it's got some. Oh, and it was really cool in the shop. She had pure Latakia and pure St. James Perique in jars ready to sell to those that wanted. I declined ;-)

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
So, that went pretty well! I felt really bad that I didn't pick anything up from the shop while I was there, but nothing caught my fancy. I did go to their other shop by Northpark to see if they had Pete's and they didn't :( they do however seem to have a better selection of tinned tobacco, but again I left empty handed.
I did have a great time hanging out, and those matches that David brought are AWESOME! I look forward to the next meet up!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
We all had a great time (except for the goat who was surprisingly absent :rofl: and Chris who was sorely missed ) Waiting for Baron to post the pictures. And thanks to uapiper for popping a tin of well aged Cumberland. It was a nice sample and a tobacco I will add to my TAD list. It was great to meet SimnetPratt, uapiper, LoneStar and Kabong30 for the first time.
We did talk to the store guy a little bit about how we can make this less intrusive if there are going to be 6 or seven of us each time we show up. He was quite allright with it and did say we generated some traffic and interest in pipes, but perhaps next time we need to see if we can take the VIP lounge. At least we wouldn't take up the whole front of the store :puffy:

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I'd gladly throw in a few bucks to compensate him for the use of the space. Oh and next time, drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.