PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon5

Lurker
Aug 2, 2012
Aug 3rd 2012 10:52pm
Hooray! Some of you are close by! I am glad to hear that the group has gatherings! I honestly do not know when I will be able to come out, but I am hoping it will be soon.
I am determined to get this project off the ground within the next three months. The difficulty, unfortunately, is with my staff. You see, they are all volunteers, trading time for a percentage. Discipline is lacking, and I find myself cracking the whip more than I desire to. Because of that fact, I sometimes stay up till 6am and only take an hour nap before I am up again.

If, and when I do make it, just look for the little Filipino guy, usually wearing shades. My eyes are sensitive to the light. I'm always wearing black, along with a Silver Onyx ring on my right hand. I shouldn't be difficult to miss, unless there is a crowd of giants!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Enjoyed meeting everyone today (except Baron).

The Cumberland was great, and these matches Simnett brought....I keep lighting them for no reason, just because they're awesome. It finally dawned on me what they're made of....Cactus Spines ! I've dug enough of the damn things out of my shins to know. That makes me enjoy watching them go up in flames even more.

Falcon, definitely come on out next time. Great bunch of guys (except Baron) :D

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah that was great. Thanks to uapiper for the Cumberland; you could smell the sweet aroma when he popped the tin over what I was smoking. Thanks to everyone else (and Shawn622) for the samples! I should have brought a Sharpie because I don't know what I'm smoking! Thanks to baron for showing me how to prepare the beef jerky tobacco (also known as flake). Lonestar's pipes are better in person; buy one before he becomes famous and you can't afford one. Glad you guys like the matches; cactus spines makes sense. Sunlight? For crying out loud, computer geeks like me go home after an all-night LAN party blinking our eyes and shaking our fists at the sun. Third the drinking. Best quote was from baron: Leave me alone; I have a .45 and the keys to the crematorium!
PS Someone please tell lonestar beer comes from Belgium :)

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
leave the goat with Mick

Sure thing ! Y'all can come over for a BBQ afterwards. I also make a mean goat curry :rofl:

Here's what happened to the last goat that wandered on my property

1794956_f520.jpg

And as I spent three hours smoking pipes with buddies, my wife decided to have her nails done (for three hours as well but she got served free wine !) and then an impromptu date night, hence the no responses last night. Good day altogether yesterday ;-)

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
As a heads up, since I was in Belgium on my vacation, I brought back two packages for you guys to sample

Semois "grove snede" a tobacco variety only grown in Belgium, considered medium heavy.

Amphora original, a very popular blend over there, lightly cased and my first pipe tobacco way back when.
I also brought back some cigars from the last Belgian cigar maker if anyone is interested ;-)
Next question now becomes, when and where ? How does the friday before labor day sound ?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
simnettpratt saved us last time with his stash of baggies. I plan to bring some, too, and a marker so I can remember what the hell is in them. I liked that Black Shag you bought last time. I just got to smoking it yesterday and it's a smooth smoke with a nice room note. I may actually buy some of that.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
That's my birthday so I'm not sure if I have any plans. Where would this be happening at? Same place as before?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I assume so, but I'm good for Sir Elliotts too. They have a lounge that isn't restricted to members and plenty of free coffee. They also sell fresh coffee from Addison Roasters there and I always buy a lb or 1/2lb when I'm there. It's very good!

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I like sir Elliot's a lot more personally, but I dunno if I could make that...do what works for everyone and ill try

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, someone remember a marker this time! I had no idea what I was smoking! Thanks again to everyone for the tasty samples. I can't keep that flake lit for crap, though getting to mess with it is fun. Still probably a noon thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.