PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Really, I'm looking forward to this. In fact I'm quite stoked and ready for the fun! But guys, really, you didn't tell us how much it's going to cost and when it's going to be available! I want it and I want it now!!!
Veruca-Salt-1.jpg

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I was able to find out pricing at least - $150 list price but will probably go for about $128 online.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If we get to an approval process, I suspect it will take a prohibitive amount of money and time, so if you like this product, better get it now. In another context, with other kinds of products, the FDA has taken astonishing amounts of time to review them.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Before this rolled too far along, I just wanted to pat jeremyreeves on the back for maintaining true class, professionalism, and a great sense of humor around the usual brooHaHa around here!! Also I'm personally thrilled that he and Sykes W are here! They are some of my true pipe heroes of the present day!! (Along with the Std Tabakkie of PeeAY guys!)

Huzzah!!!3x! :clap: :clap: :clap:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
We're fortunate to have them among us, especially when this place gets a bit "romper room" sometimes.
This blending set may help educate smokers and the public on the many interesting varieties and possibilities of tobacco. It is a joy of life, and can be used sensibly, in which role it has brought pleasure, comfort and contemplation to many.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Without further ado, here it is:

Small Batch Blending Kit

I just spent all my tobacco money, will have to wait a month or so, but I will have this.
For those who are purchasing soon, please report back. I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Thanks!
Also, thanks to Jeremy Reeves and the crew at C&D for putting this together. :clap:

Jan 8, 2013
I ordered mine from Smokingpipes.com just moments ago. I do of course wish there was more than just 50 grams of each tobacco to blend with, but the amount included should be enough to get a few small blends out of. And for the price, with everything else included, I do believe the price is fair. I'm just a greedy troll who wants more more more now now now. I can always order more blending tobacco and I'm sure I will. I'm looking forward to this. I think if anything it will at least be kind of fun.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
There will come a time when another generation will look upon one of these kits and wonder how such a dangerous thing could ever be made and sold, in much the same way we do today look upon the days when Coke had Cocaine in it... Or children's chemistry sets that came with burners and toxic chemicals for children to play with.
I'll most def order one... a tobacco chemistry set for adults. Very cool.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
'll most def order one... a tobacco chemistry set for adults. Very cool.
:D
I still say they should have spray bottles instead of dropper bottles. You just are not going to get an even distribution of flavoring with a dropper. Maybe as part of the next gen kit?

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I ordered mine from Smokingpipes.com just moments ago. I do of course wish there was more than just 50 grams of each tobacco to blend with, but the amount included should be enough to get a few small blends out of. And for the price, with everything else included, I do believe the price is fair. I'm just a greedy troll who wants more more more now now now. I can always order more blending tobacco and I'm sure I will. I'm looking forward to this. I think if anything it will at least be kind of fun.
Make sure to let us know how your blends go (and we want deets on any of your own creations).

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I would order one (and I have been toying with the idea of trying my hand at blending) but for me, I simply don't have the funds to spring for it. I prefer to get the biggest bang for my buck. I already own everything in the kit except the tobacco (and the awesome beard net), and I can mostly likely score most of the tobacco i need from my local shop.
That being said, I do think that this is a very awesome idea, and the unexpected release proximity with the FDA is just icing on the cake. Good job, gentlemen!

atboth

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2012
Virginias (ribbon or cake): can be all of a blend.

Latakia: anywhere up to fifty percent. Twenty five to forty.

Turkish: more than twenty five percent is excessive. Twenty is good.

Burley: at twenty percent, it starts to become a Burley blend.

Perique: four or five percent is fine. More is risky, and sometimes insane.
Don't get too complex. Three to six different tobaccos, no more. Four or five is best. Don't overdo the condimentals lest they clash.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I'll cook up some ground beef and drain the grease. Mix some of the greasy goodness with some gold VA.

I'll fry up some bacon and mix some of the bacon grease with red VA.

I'll put a drop of ketchup in with some perique.
Stew them individually for a week, them combine them for a month.
BOOM! Hamburger Heaven blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.