PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Virginias (ribbon or cake): can be all of a blend.

Latakia: anywhere up to fifty percent. Twenty five to forty.

Turkish: more than twenty five percent is excessive. Twenty is good.

Burley: at twenty percent, it starts to become a Burley blend.

Perique: four or five percent is fine. More is risky, and sometimes insane.
Don't get too complex. Three to six different tobaccos, no more. Four or five is best. Don't overdo the condimentals lest they clash.
You have to experiment to find what you like. Keep notes!

Most blends I like 40% Turkish and some of my VaPers I like 30% Perique. What works for me may not work for you.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
It looks like fantastic fun in a box!! Endless hours of happy entertainment!!! What great idea!!!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Keep notes!
This to me is crucial. Have a notebook, record what went into each blend and your impressions of it. Smoke in a clean pipe. Try each batch at least twice, the second being a few days later to let the blend marry a bit.

Jan 8, 2013
Mine came in the mail today. Smokingpipes.com threw in some pipe cleaners. That was nice of them (Whoohoo! Thank you SPC!). After I opened the box and dug through all the shredded cardboard (weeeeeeeeeee! Fun!!!!!!!) that Smokingpipes used for packing material, I found the C&D Blending Kit box which I thought was a cool box. All the goodies are packed inside in straw... eight different blending tobaccos, a pretty cool apron, beard guard (that was certainly a nice touch... who else would have thought of that?), gloves, bowl, scale, tasting journal with a pen (definitely a lot of thought went into this), mason jar, four flavorings, and a little Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe (They threw in a freaking cob!!! I lOVE THESE GUYS!!!!).
All in all, I'm quite impressed with the package. It promises a fun start to a new hobby. I'll certainly be ordering some more flavors and blending tobaccos as I'm sure it won't be long before I'm wanting to try new things.
A big thank you to C&D. They really put some thought into this package and I'm looking forward to getting started with it.
EDIT: Oh yeah! I almost forgot to add the recipes included in the box to help you get started.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
Nice! Very excited to hear what you have to say about it after you've had a chance to play around with it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.