PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
It's bizarre to me that anyone would think this was not an intentional deception. Sure you could argue that he didn't technically break any rule or overtly lie, but he wasn't exactly upfront either.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
That's the beauty of it !! He was upfront!! The buyer saw the bait and jumped on it...worked like a charm.... :clap:

Jun 27, 2016
ebay
Are any tobacco-related products allowed on eBay?

Yes, there are some exceptions for items that don't contain any tobacco, such as collectible packaging, promotional materials and memorabilia. Smoking accessories that are traditionally intended for smoking tobacco products are allowed. Please read our full policy guidelines for all the details on which products are allowed.
Can I sell collectible packaging that still has some tobacco left in it?

No. Any tobacco collectible packaging must be completely empty, with no tobacco inside the package.
Curious to see what the ebay rules actually are, they don't actually say that the pics have to show an empty container, but it talks about the packaging being completely empty, with no tobacco inside the package. I guess if the seller does not refund on his own, and ebay is OK with him selling his empty tins like that, that leaves the buyer claiming that he was expecting either a new sealed tin or a used unsealed tin containing tobacco, or coming up with some other excuse.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Wait until they start putting the 100g tin labels on the 15oz Armour Chili tins.
The chili tins are the exact same as the 100g McC food grade tins, sans the pull top ring.
As I've stated before, it'd take a real ****sucker to do this, but I wouldn't put it past someone so they could score a load of cash.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This whole situation reminds me a lot of when the Sony PS2 came out. It was the hottest video game console to have, and you couldn't find them anywhere. They were going for crazy money on eBay. Someone listed the box, just the box no contents, on eBay. The ad clearly said it was for the box only, but they ended up getting hundreds for it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This whole situation reminds me a lot of when the Sony PS2 came out.
I remember that. October 26 2000. Everyone was piling in the department stores to get them. I went to a mall Electronics Boutique, they had 10 available, and bought 3. No one thought to go to a game store to find them. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.