PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Listed and sold an empty tin of Xmas cheer. Welcome to the Kyle Black and friends list.....
McClelland Christmas Cheer 2000 Pipe Tobacco Tin Rare Vintage Collectible See original listing

McClelland-Christmas-Cheer-2000-Pipe-Tobacco-Tin-Rare-Vintage-Collectible

Item Sold

Condition:Used

Ended: Mar 13, 2018 , 8:01PM

Winning bid:US $160.00

[ 21 bids ]

Shipping: $8.00 Standard Shipping

Item location:Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States

Seller:

whizkidfbi
(102 ) | Seller's other items
Item specifics

Condition:

Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions Country/Region of Manufacture: United States

Tin and label show no defects.
So yeh the seller sold exactely what was listed. Is he still a POS.....100% douchebag

rx2man

May 25, 2012
No, but I have been hosed by the Kyle Black and friends group. And it really pissed me off. This was in the other thread about rusty tins. I just headed over to ebay to get the details. Being that it did not say sealed anywere is a red flag and its a rather short description but the guy is still a turd....

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
The piece of paper displayed, is it supposed to be inside the tin? If yes, than 100% buyer beware.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
@ peck, the below is a post from the thread "look carefully before you leap"
"I just heard from a fellow piper about a BAD deal he ran into on eBay.

Basically, he paid about $160 for a tin of 2000 Christmas Cheer. THE TIN ONLY!!

When confronted, the seller told him he got the collectible tin he paid for and that it was against the rules to sell tobacco on eBay.

As the thread title says, look carefully. Then, read carefully. Use your brain and read what’s not being said.

Ask questions of the seller and do not bid until you’re satisfied with the information.

Don’t get in a hurry; other tins and other tobaccos are out there."
I just went on ebay to figure out who the seller was and to out him......

rx2man

May 25, 2012
@ cigarmaster, it looks like his 1st tin sale. Not very active as a seller with good feedback before. Just thought to get his name out there in case he decideds to try it again.....

rx2man

May 25, 2012
@ ben88,
"The piece of paper displayed, is it supposed to be inside the tin? If yes, than 100% buyer beware."
Guy is still a turd though. But it is funny though reflecting back to my recent trades....."is the tin sealed?", "is there damage to the tin?", "is there tobacco in the tin?".....frustrating that we have to ask.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This is why guys like Pipestud get my business. I bought one tin of baccy off of eBay a few years ago and while it came with tobacco, the age was incorrect. At that time, eBay did not care, since it was supposed to only be a "collectable tin".
No matter how scummy Mr. Black is, it was a collectable tin. And nothing more.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
That's dicey on ebay validating if there is tobacco in the tin. Lots of auctions specifically say "vintage tin for sale" because ebay's policy on selling tobacco. The loophole is "hey buy this tin because it's a collectable on and by the way it's sealed with contents. (usually that is).

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
rx, hopefully the guy who got screwed will at least give him a negative rating and explain how he was screwed. Ebay might just delete the negative rating as he did deliver what he said he was going to, but it is worth a shot trying.
I have never bought a tin of tobacco on ebay and never will. Pipestud gets all of my business as I know what I am getting when I do business with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.