PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
There's not enough one can say about ejames. What a wonderful forum member who will be deeply and truly missed. I was glad when he would occasionally pop in here, even after he quit smoking. My condolences to his family.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This is very sad news. ejames was a bedrock member here, always ready and willing to offer advice and counsel to new smokers and to help out anyone with a question related to pipes and tobaccos. There is none here more generous than was Ed James.
My condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Well... shit.
I never even met the man, never mind knew him, but every last word he ever posted on this forum made me wish I did.
100% Old School class.
He will be terribly missed.
:cry:

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Like others, I knew of Mr. James only thru his posts yet, thru those posts, quickly realized this world was a much better place with him in it.
Godspeed, Ed.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

My thoughts go out to the family. Rest in peace Ed. :cry:

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
I was both dumbfounded and heartsick when I heard the news. Ed was a good friend to me and a top-notch gent in all regards. He will be sorely missed.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Great picture of Ed at the Grabow factory:
7843312_orig.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
George, you captured my sentiment precisely. Ed was able to convey a quiet, wise voice that was never contentious. I had missed his voice here already. His passing just sucks. RIP.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I'm so sad to learn of this. Ejames was a favorite for me on the forum. He put me in mind of olden days. I will sorely miss his trenchant comments.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This is sad news, Ed was a real gentleman. Early on, learning to restore pipes, I read everything that written by Ed. He always had the time for a thoughtful reply to my rookie questions. A raised pipe to Ed.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
My sympathy to his family and friends. He was a very nice gentleman. I never met him but I always enjoyed his posts and the personal messages I had from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.