PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
This is truly a sad day. Ed was the cornerstone of DGCF and PM. My first friend in the pipe community, and the man who mentored me as a fledgling pipe restorer. Ed was one of the most genuine and generous guys you'd ever meet. He will be greatly missed.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
A sad day indeed. May the peace of Christ be with you always Ed.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
What's even sadder, Balki, is that his health had nothing to do with his passing. There is some local news information about it posted on the Dr. Grabow Collectors' Forum, and it is sad as well as infuriating.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Sorry Woods, the only tech I'm savvy with is airplane shit. When you get on the Dr. G Collectors Forum, it's under the "Of Bowls and Banter" section, a "broken pipe" thread for Ed. Page 5 or so has the local news report link.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
The story can be found at KFVS12.com. I apologize for what follows but I think is best to be prepared for what you will find there. According to news reports, Ed James is believed to have been murdered by his grandson who then set the house on fire.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This is what I do for a living. I'll not go too far down the rabbit hole without knowing more, but the kids story doesn't make sense. Hopefully more details will be released. But on a personal note, this type of thing pisses me off more than you all will know, until you've conducted investigations into this.
Just tragic.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
That was gut wrenching to read. Snagstangl is right: sometimes a thing just gets sadder.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
While perusing the interweb a couple of weeks back I stumbled across the Dr. Grabow Collectors Forum. Being a nostalgic for the history of those neat pipes I decided to join the forum.
Ed was one of the first several people to welcome me to the forum. He used a different handle there than here, but his signature had a link to his site. I remember looking through the gallery of his work.
I was really saddened to hear of his passing. I'm simply gutted to hear of the circumstances.
Deepest sympathy and prayers for his family.
Dino

Status
Not open for further replies.