PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
my 2 cents here on a cpl things @scottydu81

what skyline dosent know wont hurt them and theres a bill expected to pass that would make states honor other states gunpermets under the state laws the permit was issued in. so if it passes i can carry in said establishment as indiana its illegal to stop someone from going in to a public place with a conceled firearm if they have a permet. second on this they better be stopping off duty and on duty peace officers from comming in with their firarms too there was a supream cort ruling that a officer has no more rights then a civilan and a civilan has every right as a officer. @misterrogers one word to screw ohio smoking policy up as written eciggrett lol does not meet the restrictions on the law as written.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Heinz ? Never eat their products, ever.
Walmart treats management pretty good. If you have a College degree you'll do OK at Walmart. Can't say about the other people that are just trying to get by. You get bullied only if you allow it to happen.
Target ? Never shop there. I worked there when I was younger. The management were children right out of High School. My Daughter worked as a Contractor Buyer for Target. Here, co-workers were very afraid of higher managements in ability to make sounds decisions. When things went south, the blame went to the new guy. Typical in many companies.
I don't have State Farm. I'm happy with Progressive. Had them for many years. They call me after a storm to see if I have any damages. I never got that from State Farm.
All Tobacco rulings are brought about by high Insurance rates. I don't mind it when my company wants to save on their insurance premiums. It's common sense. The less I smoke the better I feel. I'm retired now but, I can see it from their side to.
I hate cigarette smokers and the rules that have been brought forth against all tobacco users. You ruined it for everyone. But, I have to live within the Law's of the land. So, I buy my tobacco from fine stores online only. I smoke my pipes and Cigars on my land only and everyone's happy.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I shop at walmart all the time and will continue to do so. I save generally 30 percent on my grocery bill compared to Publix. A friend of mine with a h.s diploma started as a stock boy at Walmart, today he is a store manager making six figures. Walmart did right by him. Anyone who works hard can move up at walmart and make a good living. Lazy people who don't care will always make minimum wage.
I have State Farm auto insurance because I saved over 400.00 from the nearest competitor, and I shopped them all. I never cut off my nose to spite my face. I do what is right for my family first and foremost, I am socially conscious to a point.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
One thing positive I can say for WalMart is they will help uneducated employees get their GED (High School Equivalency) and it has put people into management level jobs who otherwise wouldn't get the chance. The one I worked at still had an indoor break area for smokers, too. If you work there, you will get sick of it, but there are guys like me who go on to different things and others who stay there and make it a career. It's also the only job where I've punched someone out and didn't get fired. Of course I worked the graveyard shift and we were a little rowdier than the day people.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
If I boycott a company for one small thing I don't like, then I would have no where to shop. Some things do merit boycotting but not going to a company because they won't let you carry a gun into their stores or hire smokers? Too little of a detail for me IMHO.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
^

The carry thing is important to me and I avoid businesses that don't respect my rights. It's their right to not allow it, don't get me wrong, I simply choose not to give them money.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That's why I put IMHO. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours kabong30.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I know I wasn't either. :oops: I was just letting you know I wasn't trying to be a troll or anything. I mean I respect everyone's opinion on here.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
It took Comcast less than 48 hours to sell my new phone number to every home security company in the Houston area . As we do not need to use the land line phone we unplugged it . Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr .

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I will only stay at a Marriott if I have to and sent them an e-mail explaining why they are no longer my first choice. I do not carry concealed but I will not patronize an establishment that says I can not; that runs pretty deep with me too.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I have stayed at the Marriot many times. True i have to get a Balcony room. And they say they will charge extra if the room smells like smoke. The most have a smoking area around the pool...at least I can get a good view while i smoke my pipe. 8)

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
I've never actually seen an example of where boycotting by small groups had any real effect. I'm currently following the chick-fil-a case which is more noticed than pipe-smoking incidents. I expect that one to fade away soon.

Commercial establishments merely react to the masses. The root cause being public opinion against smoking of any kind (sparked by fear/hysteria) and is apparently a runaway train. We pipers will each need to adjust to this sign-of-the-times descrimination. We already adjusted to the loss of pipe tobacco availability at local drug stores by going to the internet. A more worthwhile endeavor would be to participate in appealing legislation.

While I respect anyone's right to boycott, I compare it to kicking an elephant in the leg. I can't tell if my opinion is wisdom, or resignation...you decide.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Just like the Olympics back in 1980, and 30 years later the Sheeple have forgotten what was such an important historical event for us. Minimal participation in boycotts are rather pointless with no effects.

unixhelp

Lurker
May 24, 2012
The problem with some boycotts is sometimes they create silent support for the companies your trying to boycott....personally I would rather have my family stay in a hotel where I don't have to worry about a dirty harry wannabee wandering the halls (i'm not suggesting that this is anyone here, just that there are alot of nuts out there).....but I wouldn't give my business to a company that discriminates against smokers in their hiring policy

Status
Not open for further replies.