PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Commercial establishments merely react to the masses. The root cause being public opinion against smoking of any kind (sparked by fear/hysteria) and is apparently a runaway train.
From my experience, you're correct. Where do I sign up to boycott fear of public opinion?
Also, boycott Pipe Smokers Forum -- people without honor.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I was in Spokane last weekend in the crappiest part of downtown and saw signs that said, "No smoking with 25 feet buildings". That would have put me right in the middle of the street.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
It's interesting to see all the forum members that posted in this thread that have gone AWOL.
I don't expect anything to change if I boycott something, but I do boycott certain things for my own reasons.
Google Bayer/AIDS

juanruiz

Lurker
Aug 19, 2015
A few years ago I stayed at the Omni in Chicago. The only smoking room they had available was...666. Coincidence?

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I boycott a few places for reasons other than tobacco. I think private companies have a right to make their own rules for employment etc. What crosses the line is when government dictates how/who employees must hire, or how they should run their business (smoke free). That's what I have a problem with.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
What crosses the line is when government dictates how/who employees must hire, or how they should run their business (smoke free).
One seems to lead to another. Court of public opinion.

mikeklumpp

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2013
hong kong
airports in Manila, Tokyo and Hong Kong all offer smoking rooms and smoking areas and are quite friendly - there are still some civilized places in the world

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
airports in Manila, Tokyo and Hong Kong all offer smoking rooms and smoking areas and are quite friendly - there are still some civilized places in the world
Seoul as well. By the way you should see the smoking rooms in Moscow airport, comfortable as a cigar lounge.
itar-tass-moscow-russia-october-2011-man-smoking-at-the-sheremetyevo-cx2me1.jpg

Reactions: chopper
Status
Not open for further replies.