4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
The different filters have their different functions. I have never had the need to use a single pipe cleaner when using a filter during a smoke. The balsa absorbs the moisture that would otherwise settle into the stem or bottom of the bowl.

Because of the absorption properties of the balsa, my pipe cleaners are used for nothing more than cleaning.

May 16, 2021
Manitoba Canada
pretty much how I look at them. Training wheels.
There is a reason that a lot of experienced pipe smokers use them.

This comment sounds like the guy who used to rip the filters off his cigarettes before smoking to show everyone just how much of a "man" he was.

EDIT - This is meant to be a knock against the poster just a general statement about the anti filter crowd that may be steering new people to avoid them put of manly pride.

Reactions: EddyTee

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I don't use filter. After 40 some odd years of cigarette smoking before change to pipe, damage is done. No need for me to act like I'll live forever. However, I don't see anything wrong with others using it. One needs to do what one needs to do.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
There is a reason that a lot of experienced pipe smokers use them.

This comment sounds like the guy who used to rip the filters off his cigarettes before smoking to show everyone just how much of a "man" he was.

EDIT - This is meant to be a knock against the poster just a general statement about the anti filter crowd that may be steering new people to avoid them put of manly pride.
if they work for someone that's awesome. I despise the things but not other people using them. I find that funny the ripping the filter off a cig to show off. It's just a filter doesn't take much grit to smoke one without the thing.