PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
The Blues Brothers.
Elwood: There's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Joliet Jake: Hit it!
get busy living or get busy dying" Morgan Freeman in The Shawshank Redemption
Schindlers List
Oskar Schindler: I could have got more out. I could have got more. I don't know. If I'd just... I could have got more.

Itzhak Stern: Oskar, there are eleven hundred people who are alive because of you. Look at them.

Oskar Schindler: If I'd made more money... I threw away so much money. You have no idea. If I'd just...

Itzhak Stern: There will be generations because of what you did.

Oskar Schindler: I didn't do enough!

Itzhak Stern: You did so much.

[Schindler looks at his car]

Oskar Schindler: This car. Goeth would have bought this car. Why did I keep the car? Ten people right there. Ten people. Ten more people.

[removing Nazi pin from lapel]

Oskar Schindler: This pin. Two people. This is gold. Two more people. He would have given me two for it, at least one. One more person. A person, Stern. For this.

[sobbing]

Oskar Schindler: I could have gotten one more person... and I didn't! And I... I didn't!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
"You can't handle the truth!"

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.
I dont think that quote needs any introduction...

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Sean Connery as James Bond in "Dr. No"
"That's a Smith & Wesson and you've had your six."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjBvrly2aI&feature=related

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
there are so many good ones.
"I am insane. And you are my insanity." from 12 monkeys
"He broke from them, and then he broke from himself. I'd never seen a man so broken up" from apocalypse now

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I can't recall which Bond movies it was from but James told this gal..."All those nocturnal episodes under the sheets were just for King and country...I can assure you I derived no pleasure from it whatsoever." How cold is that?
I made the mistake of laying that line on a girl I wanted to get rid of back in my 20's and made the mistake of turning my head after I quoted it. I was sitting down, she was standing. Next thing I knew the lights went off momentarily and as I got to my knees, she was already in the parking lot at the apartment and I had a large gash on my head, glass on the couch and floor and blood splattered on the wall behind me as well as running down my face. It took 12 stitches to sew up the wound on my head. She had bashed me over the head with a half full bottle of Boone's Farm!! Ain't used that line since.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I can't recall which Bond movies it was from but James told this gal..."All those nocturnal episodes under the sheets were just for King and country...I can assure you I derived no pleasure from it whatsoever." How cold is that?
Good one! :D
That was from "Thunderball" when he was talking to the red headed villainess Fiona.
The actual line: "My dear girl, don't flatter yourself. What I did this evening was for Queen and country. You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?"

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Luke, I am your fathhheeerrr. Lorlie Lorlie Lorlie.
You can put a six pack of be-soda in there.
I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

Tommy Boy

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
And the follow up to the last one.

Tommy: Hey, I’ll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn’t you rather to take his word for it?
Mr. Brady, Customer: What? I’m failing to make the connection here.
Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher’s ass… No, wait. It’s gotta be your bull.
Richard: Wow.

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
"It's not my planet, monkeyboy!" Red 'Lectroid to the General in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
"Pinky! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "I think so, Brain. But where will we find a tattoo parlor this time of night?" Or, "I think so Brain. But burlap does chafe me so."
And lastly, sign on the Three Stooges Law Firm door : Dewey, Burnham and Howe, Attorneys at Law

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do. " - Indiana Jones

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"

—Hal 9000, 2001: A Space Odyssey
And a favorite line from Goldfinger:
BOND: "Do you expect me to talk?"

GOLDFINGER: "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."

Status
Not open for further replies.