PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
From Tombstone: Doc Holliday " Say when" during the gunfight with Johnny Ringo.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. A Few Good Men ,Jack as Col Jessup

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
"Mighty big talk for an old fat man."

"Fill your hand you son-of-a-bitch!"
"And cry, loose the dogs or war!"

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
These are from the movie 300
King Leonidas: You bring the crowns and heads of conquered kings to my city steps. You insult my queen. You threaten my people with slavery and death! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Persian. Perhaps you should have done the same!
Persian Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
King Leonidas: Madness?......This - is - SPARTA!
--------------------
Persian: A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!
Stelios: Then we will fight in the shade.
-----------
Queen Gorgo: Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs. The cost of blood.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Here are some from El Dorado, one of my favorite movies:
Cole: Hey fancy vest! Go ahead and pull that rifle if you want to, but you'd better ask your boss before you use it. He'll be dead before I hit the ground.
Bart Jason: Don't be a damn fool Joe. Go stand back in line with the others.
-----------------------------
Milt: You've got a lot of faith in me, don't ya, Nelse?
Nelse McLeod: Faith can move mountains, Milt. But it can't beat a faster draw. There's only three men I know with his kind of speed. One's dead. The other's me. And the third is Cole Thornton.
Cole: There's a fourth.
Nelse McLeod: Which one are you?
Cole: I'm Thornton.
Nelse McLeod: Aren't you glad you didn't try, Milt? Pick up your guns, both of you, real easy.
Cole: Like he said, real easy.
---------

Here is a classic. I love this exchange!
Cole: Did you get him?
Mississippi: Who?
Cole: The fella that ran outta the church!
Mississippi: Well, yes and no.
Cole: Yes and no? Did you or didn't you?
Mississippi: I hit the sign, and the sign hit him.
Cole: Well, that's great.
Mississippi: He was limping when he left!
Cole: He was limping when he got here!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
From Tombstone. Doc Holliday shows up to fight Johnny Ringo, in place of Wyatt Earp.

Doc: Why Johnny, it looks like somebody just walked across your grave.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
I should add, "Dave. Dave? What are you doing Dave?"

Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Oddesy.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
George Scott frpm Patton .The Carthaginians defending the city were attacked by three Roman legions. The Carthaginians were proud and brave but they couldn't hold. They were massacred. Arab women stripped them of their tunics and their swords and lances. The soldiers lay naked in the sun. Two thousand years ago. I was here.

vitorteixeira

Lurker
Jan 23, 2010
Joe Pesci on Goodfellas:
"Tommy De Vito: I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh…I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?" Henry Hill: "You know, how you tell a story, what?" Tommy De Vito: "No, no, I don't know..you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny!""
One of my favorites.

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
In honor of the USA hockey win today, I couldn't resist:
"Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!"

Ogie2.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'll try this again.
This is the very first Western Movie.

"Cowboy Shoots at Audience", Thomas Edison 1903
Cowboy that Can't Count
Couldn't get it to embed. Best I could do was a URL.

Thought you guys might like to see this.

Sorry about the double post.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
A couple from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: (how to pick the best one!)
The neighbors (Todd and Margo) return home to find Clark Griswold getting ready to cut the root ball off the Christmas tree they brought home...
Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?

Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.

Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.

Clark: I wasn't talking to you.
Toward the end...after the squirrel incident:
Clark: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Bull: "First time in 2 months I felt like do'in nothin' for ya...now ya don't want me ta do it."

J.P. Harrah: "Was there something wrong with that? Or is just my hangover?"

El Dorado

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
A couple from Tombstone a movie full of them, Nearly all the great lines in that movie are from Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. A great character.
Doc Holliday: (To Ike Clanton after winning several hands in a row)) Maybe poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest.
----------------------
Billy Clanton: [as Doc Holliday is drunkenly playing a somber piece on the saloon piano, Clanton speaks, just as drunkenly] Is that "Old Dog Trey? Sounds like "Old Dog Trey."

Doc Holliday: Pardon?

Billy Clanton: Stephen Foster. "Oh, Susannah", "Camptown Races". Stephen stinking Foster.

Doc Holliday: Ah, yes. Well, this happens to be a nocturne.

Billy Clanton: A which?

Doc Holliday: You know, Frederic f##king Chopin.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I was channel surfing this morning. There was an old movie "Song of the Thin Man" that I came across just in time for the following.
Wife: Now what do you want to do?

Husband: Go home to my pipe and slippers. Give me my pipe, slippers and a beautiful woman... and you can have my pipe and slippers.....

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yes!
That is my favorite line from that movie.
My father-in-law and I always use it .
Tombstone is full of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.