PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Celius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2019
I prefer army or spigot mounts myself. Peterson and Chacom both make quite good ones, IMO. I have two Chacom Army pipes that have been going strong since '05-ish with no issues.
Chacom discontinued their army mount pipes :(

• Sad
Reactions: Casual

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I've got almost a dozen Peterson army mounts as well as a spigot and a few standard system pipes. Most of them have been estates that I got for pretty decent prices but a couple of the army mounts I bought new. Obviously I'm a big fan, they all get smoked often.

Reactions: edger and jpmcwjr

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
All my pipes in my regular rotation are Peterson. There are some army, spigot, and system. They are ones that take least amount of effort to break down and clean while smoking. I disassemble my pipes while smoking all the time, but non-army/spigot/system pipes take little extra care when twisting the stem in/out.

Reactions: edger and jpmcwjr

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
BTW, my last has the fishtail acrylic stem. I thought it might not have the “grip” that the vulcanite p-lip has, but it stays in very well. It’s acrylic fishtail all the way from now on. My 313 std system is a short smoke and probably would meet your mil-sim situation.

Reactions: Casual