PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
What would be really neat is having a bayonet mount on an army mount pipe. Not only is it easy to breakdown and pack it away, in short notice, you can mount a bayonet on it and take care of another business. Of course, through cleaning is must after the bayonet use. Biohazard and what not. Unclean bayonet mounted pipe is only clean as the last commie you poked.

Reactions: RookieGuy80

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
What would be really neat is having a bayonet mount on an army mount pipe. Not only is it easy to breakdown and pack it away, in short notice, you can mount a bayonet on it and take care of another business. Of course, through cleaning is must after the bayonet use. Biohazard and what not. Unclean bayonet mounted pipe is only clean as the last commie you poked.
That would be handy for plug cut blends.

Reactions: bullet08

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I would recommend getting one of the cheaper Peterson "Irish Army" or "System Standard" pipes in a shape you like. With them you get a real army mount and high quality beater take everywhere pipe.
I'm real happy with the ones I've got.
Yes - a real workhorse of a pipe! Can imagine them smoking them down in the trenches. I have the Irish Made Army 120 and I have to say that's it's an amazing smoke. And I think that what I love about it is that beater aspect - never worried about having to wear the white gloves when I'm smoking it.

Reactions: Sobrbiker

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I have a large Pre-1980 Erica (Pete 2nd) XL hand made system pipe with the large size acrylic orific bit military mount stem. I often wondered about acquiring a second or replacement stem either filtered or not for it. I e-mailed Kapp and Peterson and they replied in part :

"... We have spoken to our factory people about your inquiries and unfortunately, we don't have any old stock tapered military mount for your XL Hand Made ... ".

I suppose that's why we have to send them in to have one cut and sized to the specific pipe or have one made elsewhere as some do.

Reactions: AroEnglish