PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Oh it's way to soon to speculate about that. I'm sure there are trial lawyers falling over themselves to represent this guy, and I'm equally sure United would pay a lot to make this publicity disaster go away.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
The smart thing to do would be to let it blow over for everyone, but once it is infused with emotion it is hard to let that happen. Also, there is a whole criminal thing to go first - though keep in mind criminal culpability and civil liability aren't the same thing.

Dec 28, 2015
Personally I don't feel sorry for the "doctor" or the airline or anyone who has gotten their feelings hurt because others disagree with their opinions or those who think there are no opinions. I'm just tired of hearing about the whole matter. It got boring really fast for me.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The smart thing to do would be to let it blow over for everyone, but once it is infused with emotion it is hard to let that happen.
IMO, the reason for the emotions surrounding this and why it's not blowing over very quickly is because it's not an isolated incident, or an anomaly. It's just one of a very, very long list of similar (and many much worse) incidents that have gone on at airports all over the country for many years now.
The difference here is just that it didn't involve the TSA...unlike probably 95% of all the others.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
My understanding is that two of the three who left the plane were indeed a couple.
As to the assertion that no one on the plane was traumatized by the event, how did you miss the reactions by all of the other passengers on the many videos! They were horrified! How would you like to take off flying on an airline after seeing said airline beat a passenger unconscious just to free up his seat so one of their employees could use it? Of course, reasonable people would have just gotten off, but the ends cannot justify the means.
What is lost here is that both the airline staff and the police both lacked the necessary skills in dealing with the situation properly. All that mattered was to get their way at any cost because they had the force of law to get away with it. This is why your rights (or lack thereof) are so important.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I don't know about other people's points, but I was pointing out that he did t cause the traumatizing, the security or whomever they were did.
And - from North Korea's official airline:
image hosting gif

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I don't know about other people's points, but I was pointing out that he did t cause the traumatizing, the security or whomever they were did.
Agree. But once he was set off, his antics could not be tolerated on an airplane. He didn't cause the initial trauma, though he had a part in it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Best advice: if for some reason you simply must travel by air, just be psychologically prepared to encounter at least a few of these guys during the process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jby8B7vaPc

Status
Not open for further replies.