Anyone Giving Up The Juice During Lock Down?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Radice Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
36 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes
36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I used to drink for "FUN", seeing as how I don't know any other reason why you might drink. It got to a point where it was "NO FUN", some years ago I decided to knock it off.

I'll try to drink sometimes now, but It has mostly lost its "fun". My vices these days are cigarettes and Honey Buns.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I have quit in the past for up to a year. I am a professional drinker and find myself waiting for noon to switch from coffee to bourbon. But I am outside working all day so I don't get drunk hate being drunk but one has to keep the demons at bay

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Not changing my alcohol consumption as I only drink very seldom (weddings, anniversaries etc) and no more than a glass of wine or two.

For anyone wanting to cut back I can totally recommend the book 'This Naked Mind' by Annie Grace. It gives you a new perspective on alcohol.

And for anyone not wanting to cut back I can totally recommend Gérard Bertrand Château L'Hospitalet, LaRéserve Rouge ?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I used to drink for "FUN", seeing as how I don't know any other reason why you might drink. It got to a point where it was "NO FUN", some years ago I decided to knock it off.

I'll try to drink sometimes now, but It has mostly lost its "fun". My vices these days are cigarettes and Honey Buns.
I love when I talk to people and tell them I almost never drink and they then ask what happened. The answer is the fun to suffering ratio got messed up.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wow I have certainly seen more conspicuous consumption with alcohol but that can't be good for you. It's your life and you know what you need better than I ever could. That sounds painful to me.
oh p.s. trust me I can't judge anyone on such things cause I certainly have been no saint with the things I put in my body in the past.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Stopped drinking heavy after junior high. Not fun getting drunk any more. Mostly drink when I'm grilling out, but haven't grilled out since the virus. Occasionally will grab a drink or two when I can't fall asleep.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I haven’t gotten shit-faced drunk since my bachelor party over 20 years ago. I just dont see the fun in drunkenness, got my kicks in high school! I drink for pleasure, I enjoy Whisky in many forms and I like cold beer after mowing the lawn. BTW, my consumption hasn’t been affected by the virus.

Jan 27, 2020
Well most people who drink and get drunk do it out of pleasure too. I agree that this sort of thing stops being fun at some point. I quit the bar scene a while ago because they were getting the best of me (going out for “milk” and my girlfriend looking for me 5 hrs later) and while on many occasion when I drink at home it’s in moderation but can see it drifting away from that while being locked up and I actually view this downtime as something that could be potentially productive in its own way.

Jan 27, 2020
I've wondered how many people are going to pick up some bad habits drug and alcoholwise during this crisis.

Alcohol maybe or as in my case the worry about it escalating. Drugs, not sure... when I walk my dog at night the local pusha man who is attached to a nearby bar is no where to be seen.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I've wondered how many people are going to pick up some bad habits drug and alcoholwise during this crisis.
Well, with pot being 'essential'... :rolleyes:

That'd be an interesting topic for a human geography study (if only it could be properly and neutrally conducted, that is). My theory is that with the flames of rampant fear and hysteria being fanned vigorously and relentlessly many are getting so depressed that they will turn to whichever nepenthe they have available. This consumption will only increase with the supervening economic crisis.

Reactions: brian64 and Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.