PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Umm, being born with canine incisors?!
I was thinking the same thing, but to be sure I did 1 minute of research and learned that that might not be proof. I didn't go much deeper than that.

Another thing is that people have their eyes in the front (we see in STEREOSCOPE!), which is a trait found in predators, iirc. Predators hunt, kill, and eat other animals. It's super easy to sneak up on and capture a tomato.

Reactions: cossackjack
I would think that if we were designed to only eat vegetables that we would also have a more complex digestive system like horses or other vegetarian animals have that would allow us to digest more of a variety of plants, like grasses and tree leaves; therefore, we could subsists on more of a variety of plants. As of now, there are only three different plant families that we can eat from, outside of grains and fruits, which only exist at very limited seasons of the year. If I could walk outside and eat grass or tree leaves without throwing it up from tannins or whatever, I would buy more into us supposedly having been designed to eat just vegetables. But, as it is, it would be impossible for us to merely exist on nightshades and brassicas, without having an easier way to preserve the foods.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don't think we were meant to eat anything in particular, but historically, it's only been feasible to be vegetarian for a little over a hundred years. That is 100 years out of 80,000 years existence on this planet. Not everyone has had access to land and an environment that was conducive to growing vegetables. And, most places only had a growing season of about 3-4 months, with no way to preserve foods. So, without the modern technology to can foods under pressure or freeze them, vegetarians would have starved to death.
But, humans have had to get creative. Native Americans were suffering from a deficiency of many vitamins by the lack of access to many vegetables till they learned to add lye to corn to make hominy and grits.
Kale and derivatives in the Brassica family helped many Europeans get certain vitamins and minerals throughout winter months, giving us turnips, broccoli, mustards and such...

It definitely wouldn't have been feasible or even possible to be a vegetarian in many areas of the world more than 100 years ago.
Absolutely. But like in everything, we evolve.

the reason we needed meat to begin with was for protein to grow our brains. We know that our brains are no longer getting any bigger so no need anymore.

Reactions: SoddenJack

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Then I dare you to attempt to bite into a dead animal through the skin/fur. They are called canines in a human because they resemble a canine’s tooth.

this argument is a dead wrong fallacy.

Reactions: gervais

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
But, only the doctors who disagree with me regarding man being built to eat most everything, an omnivore? Very selective. Hell, all I need to do is look at our dental construction to understaqnd we are designed to eat what we can catch, kill, dig up, and/or pick from low branches. Some make a choice to try and survive exclusively veggies. My response is, "Who cares? You don't need me to validate your lifestyle. But, please do not extol your choice as being any better than mine. Revel in your choice and leave the revered pig for me and my ilk.

I see my choice of head gear and foot wear have raised your hackles. Wolf good! Wolf warm! I learned that from Alaskan Natives. They revere the wolf so much that they hunt them down, trap them and sell the pelts to furriers who made my winter survival wear. A tip of the hat to the wolf. God bless the wolf and the pig.

North American aborigines were driving bison over the cliffs in great numbers more than a century ago. They did it for food, clothing, and etc. Aborigines in Alaska were killing, eating mastodons many years ago as well as flora and fauna.

I suspect, like many remote tribes today, man eats what is necessary to survive and we've morphed from little nothings in the sea to a creature very well designed to be omnivores not, herbivores or carnivores. If Brobs wishes to live on cattle graze, more power to him but, man isn't designed to only order off the salad side of the menu.

If you find a doctor who denies man can eat most anything, omnivore, I'd bet he's a medico with an agenda, selling someone's diet. He may be a fan of the plant based diet but, if he denies man is designed to eat what is available ... well, he's rather uninformed as to what incisors, K-'s 9's, etc are for.
Actually you have proven you know absolutely nothing about biology, medicine, or anthropology so you can exit this thread that doesn’t concern you.

I’d rather wear human blubber I’m sure that would keep me warmer.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I wasn't as lucky in the genetics dept. My cholesterol was over 200 when I weighed 195 and worked out 6 days a week including several hours of cardio. By the time I was 40 my cholesterol was something like 360. The Dr. prescribed me a pill, and my cholesterol has been around 130 for the past 13 years. I think of it as a "better living through chemistry" kind of thing.

Speaking of the genetic crapshoot... I recently found out that I'm not a candidate for colon cancer! Woo-hoo!
It’s not genetics it’s because you eat meat. Cholesterol comes from meat. I don’t eat it. I have the same genetics yet no cholesterol problem. It’s from not eating meat you can’t blame genetics for creating cholesterol in your body it comes ONLY from meat that YOU ate.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My god, some of you guys need to retake biology/anatomy/science classes.

Logic and debate would be good refreshers as well.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Then I dare you to attempt to bite into a dead animal through the skin/fur. They are called canines in a human because they resemble a canine’s tooth.

this argument is a dead wrong fallacy.
How about the fact that humans have been hunting and surviving on animals for thousands of years? How about the fact that animals have nutrients out bodies depend on for good health? How about the fact that most humans mouths start to salivate when they walk by a roadside bbq with a chicken lying on the grill? How about the food chain and us being on the top of it? I'm around the same age as you and I also have perfect medical records, so that's not a point for vegans.

Why do vegans need "I can't believe it's not meat " dishes? Because they really really wish they were able to eat it, but they are too stupid not to.

I'm kidding. I'm not hateful towards vegans, just a very proud omnivore

Last edited:
Reactions: cossackjack
and why do Vegans keep making vegetables into the form of fake meats? Is it your body and brain telling them that they "need" more? Why isn't just eating vegetables enough? I mean, I could live on meat for every meal without once ever wanting to make steak into a bowl of broccoli. puffy But like, the grocery store has a whole section of vegan sausage, burgers, bacon, chicken, etc... The meat section doesn't have a single meat made to look and taste like a fruit of vegie.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
and why do Vegans keep making vegetables into the form of fake meats? Is it your body and brain telling them that they "need" more? Why isn't just eating a vegetables enough? I mean, I could live on meat for every meal without once ever wanting to make steak into a bowl of broccoli. puffy But like, the grocery store has a whole section of vegan sausage, burgers, bacon, chicken, etc... The meat section doesn't have a single meat made to look and taste like a fruit of vegie.
My point exactly

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I was thinking the same thing, but to be sure I did 1 minute of research and learned that that might not be proof. I didn't go deeper than that.

Another thing is that people have their eyes in the front (we see in STEREOSCOPE!), which is a trait found in predators, iirc. Predators hunt, kill, and eat other animals. It's super easy to sneak up on and capture a tomato.
It’s not genetics it’s because you eat meat. Cholesterol comes from meat. I don’t eat it. I have the same genetics yet no cholesterol problem. It’s from not eating meat you can’t blame genetics for creating cholesterol in your body it comes ONLY from meat that YOU ate.
Sorry but that's not correct. Don't feel bad though...most people don't know that the majority of cholesterol in the blood is produced by the liver. Stating that cholesterol can always be kept at healthy levels by diet alone is a myth. Hell...when I was in good shape half my diet consisted of MetRx shakes and protein bars and my cholesterol was still high.
Here's a screenshot of some science:

Screenshot_2021-01-14-13-35-34-650.jpg

And, just because....
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
I remember also watching a show showing some pandas running down some red squirrels and eating them gluttonously, and then licking the blood off of each others faces. Like 99% of their diet is bamboo, but sometimes they get the all natural blood lust, and instead of getting some bamboo patties and making a fake burger, they will chomp down on smaller animals and revel in their kill.

Reactions: gervais and gerryp
Status
Not open for further replies.