PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
When I first met my wife nearly 10 years ago, she was a pescetarian, but she did enjoy lots of junky snacks, by her own admission. I had a terrible diet at the time, in that I would eat just about anything, and vast quantities of it, to boot! But I was 26, and had a lightning fast metabolism, so I didn't care. Over the years, we have both refined our diets, and we now eat what we call "The Biblical Diet." This consists of mostly fruits and vegetables, secondarily grains, and some dairy/eggs. VERY IMPORTANT that most of these be organic, especially the grains (glyphosate aka RoundUp is highly toxic). Things that don't matter so much (like onions or garlic) can be conventional, but the heavily sprayed stuff like bell peppers, cucumbers etc. definitely have to be organic. We eat a small amount of meat, and it's only fish with fins and scales (no shellfish, shark, eel etc.) and organic poultry. She doesn't eat mammal meat. I do probably once a year, tops. When I do, I don't mix dairy with it.

We both feel way better and have more energy eating this way. It just so happens to be 70% or so vegetarian. Also, it's not diet related, but you'd be surprised what turning off the cellphone and wifi at night will do for your sleep. All I can say is: "And so, to bed!"

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe

How do you explain this to these people....Skimo.......Tribe Masai-Kayapo (Brazil -Xingu River)-​

Himba-​

Yanomami (Between Venezuela and Bolivia)-​

Chukchi (Siberia)-​

Huli- Papua New Guinea Tribes-​

Ruc Tribes (Vietnam)-​

Sentinelese Tribe (North Sentinel Island)-​

Tana Toraja (Indonesia)-​

Herero (Namibia).......................etc..........It's a problematic question..........1_zq7XkaMAx3QTx6NHiQ88vQ.jpeg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA

How do you explain this to these people....Skimo.......Tribe Masai-Kayapo (Brazil -Xingu River)-​

Himba-​

Yanomami (Between Venezuela and Bolivia)-​

Chukchi (Siberia)-​

Huli- Papua New Guinea Tribes-​

Ruc Tribes (Vietnam)-​

Sentinelese Tribe (North Sentinel Island)-​

Tana Toraja (Indonesia)-​

Herero (Namibia).......................etc..........It's a problematic question..........View attachment 59364

No reason to explain. They are doing it right and there's no reason to confuse them. People started eating meat for high quality protein and other nutrients. Veganism is a first world idea based on a life style and belief system. We now have luxury to live on rain and rock if one choose to.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
You aren’t eating enough fiber with the protein in your meals if you are getting hungry so often. Also try eating more small meals. Instead of a big dinner eat 2/3 and the 1/3 later at night.

my wife and I have been vegan for 7+ years so if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

you won’t find a lot of love here ?

That’s great advice, and cool to know, I’ve been vegan for just over 3 years now, and I certainly never thought another active member would share the same dietary practices. Cool beans.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Question: Why would someone think their diet would be of interest to others, other than their doctor or, maybe, immediate family?
2d Question: Why would a person care what other people, other than their children, eat?

Perhaps misery loves company and publicizing one's self-denial life style makes such easier to accept. Just wondering, not challenging.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I tried being vegan for 6 months and vegetarian for almost a year afterwards a while back. I just felt way better when I was mixing animal l
Question: Why would someone think their diet would be of interest to others, other than their doctor or, maybe, immediate family?
2d Question: Why would a person care what other people, other than their children, eat?

Perhaps misery loves company and publicizing one's self-denial life style makes such easier to accept. Just wondering, not challenging.
Same reason there is a, "what are you cooking" and "what are you drinking thread". A sense of community and all that, it doesn't really matter the reason.

I tried being vegan for 4 months and then vegetarian for a further 6 after that didn't work out, and yes, it was because of a woman. It's not for me, but there are some delicious vegetarian Indian dishes out there that I still enjoy from time to time.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I tried being vegan for 6 months and vegetarian for almost a year afterwards a while back. I just felt way better when I was mixing animal l

Same reason there is a, "what are you cooking" and "what are you drinking thread". A sense of community and all that, it doesn't really matter the reason.

I tried being vegan for 4 months and then vegetarian for a further 6 after that didn't work out, and yes, it was because of a woman. It's not for me, but there are some delicious vegetarian Indian dishes out there that I still enjoy from time to time.
Tell me about it! I would kill for some paneer masala or eggplant bharta right about now.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m mostly a vegetarian. Was never a conscious decision though, I’m just not a big meat eater, I would say meat makes up about 5% of my diet. This day and age it’s much easier to eat a healthy vegetarian/vegan diet. There are, of course, those that are vegetarian/vegan that eat pure junk, that is where it gets a bad rap as those are the folks that end up losing their hair or becoming sick and as a result blame it on the diet which was really their poor choice in eating heavily processed junk vegetarian/vegan foods. My sister in law would brag about being vegetarian while finishing off a bag of nacho cheese Doritos downed by a big gulp of soda.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Tell me about it! I would kill for some paneer masala or eggplant bharta right about now.
I made Eggplant Bharta for dinner tonight! I haven’t made it in years but it was absolutely delish! My wife and I did a produce rescue this morning and ended up with 12 or so large eggplants. We had a green salad with dinner so I suppose it was actually a totally vegan meal.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
I love vegetables
I love meat
What we all like is food

Like everything else, the best of all worlds is that balance and moderation.

I've dated girls who have been vegetarian and eaten the same foods as them. Didn't really miss meat terribly. But when I got the craving for meat eventually, I ate it.

I personally think, as a person concerned about the environment, that refraining from eating meat based upon environmental principles is bunk science. It reminds me when my state had 8% of water usage occur within private households but forced people to ration water. That "Other 92%" is the same as the other blatant environmental hazards that go unaccounted for, yet people should take actions like stopping eating meat?

I respect everyones right to choose as they wish, and admire those that act in support of a greater good.

I also respect everyone's right to enjoy their lives whether means eating meat, shooting guns, or smoking tobacco.

Mmmm Indian food.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I made Eggplant Bharta for dinner tonight! I haven’t made it in years but it was absolutely delish! My wife and I did a produce rescue this morning and ended up with 12 or so large eggplants. We had a green salad with dinner so I suppose it was actually a totally vegan meal.
If you get lucky and get a really good eggplant (i.e. one with the fewest seeds possible), you can get some killer meals from it. My wife makes an eggplant parmesan that you could almost swear was a meat dish, it's so flavorful. The key is to soak the slices in saltwater for about an hour beforehand. Draws the bitterness right out. The salad really ties it together! We try to have one each day, usually with lunch.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I love vegetables
I love meat
What we all like is food

I've dated girls who have been vegetarian and eaten the same foods as them. Didn't really miss meat terribly. But when I got the craving for meat eventually, I ate it.

I personally think, as a person concerned about the environment, that refraining from eating meat based upon environmental principles is bunk science. It reminds me when my state had 8% of water usage occur within private households but forced people to ration water. That "Other 92%" is the same as the other blatant environmental hazards that go unaccounted for, yet people should take actions like stopping eating meat?

I respect everyones right to choose as they wish, and admire those that act in support of a greater good.

I also respect everyone's right to enjoy their lives whether means eating meat, shooting guns, or smoking tobacco.

Mmmm Indian food.
All good points, sir. Fake water shortages are as old as time immemorial. Look no further than the film "Chinatown."

Reactions: SoddenJack

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

I’m wondering why you have to come shit in every thread that doesn’t agree with you. Isn’t that the same thing you bitched at me about?

one reason people eat a vegan diet is so they don’t turn out like you.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I love vegetables
I love meat
What we all like is food

Mmmm Indian food.
KEEP THAT HEAD IN THE SAND BOIIIIIII

IF YOU CANT SEE IT ..
Nearly 20% of all greenhouse emissions.

So your argument is : well everything is shitty let’s not control any of it

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

Why would anyone read your eeyore style posts over and over? Maybe the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.