Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Gold Member
Ha, you said “Gold Member”

I’m glad some don’t enjoy small batches. That’s one less person depleting the supply from those of us who enjoy tasting new things. A true connoisseur’s endeavor.

I do these like I do special wines that are rare to me. Buy a case, drink a few fresh, then a few a couple of years later, then who knows, maybe enjoy a few after a decade or so. Some things aren’t meant to be everyday consumables. IMO

Pass here too, the Perique ruined it for me. I prefer reds by themselves.
I have been falling into this category too. I used to be a lot more perique crazy earlier on. But, I find that when I reach for a Virginia, I tend to be swayed towards straights. But, every now and then I can still enjoy a VaPer, but just not as fanatically as I used to. If this weren’t a small batch, and given the option, I’d probably stock up on the straight VA. But, as a special occasion blend, I can still feel excited about it.

But, I totally get what you’re saying.

I've just opened a tin of McC's Dark Star so I am focussing all my awe on that. I cut some flake into small pieces and got it to burn fairly well on the first bowl, despite its reputation for being fireproof.
Heck Tom, if I sent you a tin if this, it’d be another ten years before you got to it anyways, ha ha.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have been falling into this category too. I used to be a lot more perique crazy earlier on. But, I find that when I reach for a Virginia, I tend to be swayed towards straights. But, every now and then I can still enjoy a VaPer, but just not as fanatically as I used to. If this weren’t a small batch, and given the option, I’d probably stock up on the straight VA. But, as a special occasion blend, I can still feel excited about it.

But, I totally get what you’re saying.
I like a VaPer when dark Virginias are used but I find most blends using reds as a component rather that it standing on its own are heartbreaking.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I bought several tins of the CRF w/Perique a few years back when they first came out with it, and I haven’t even smoked any…

I prefer the standalone CRF, more specifically, the "L2DH-0-15" batch with higher sugar content.

I have a number of VaPers I favor, and with all the VaPer blends available, I don’t really see the need for another.

This is just Speakeasy without the DFK and the rum…