2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
My Les Wood Silver Spigot Bulldog Churchwarden.

After not being terribly happy with the default draw through the stem, I put the heat gun to it and ran a 1/8" aircraft bit down the now irreplaceable silver clad churchwarden stem.

After destroying many stems since then, I feel incredibly lucky that one survived.

Not only is it the most expensive Pipe I own, but the shape, the stem, and the strong history of the brand all combine to make this the ultimate pipe of my collection.

Mr_Smokey

Lurker
Feb 17, 2020
London, UK
I have five pipes. If I had to choose one it would be my Peterson Standard System 317 smooth, with army mount and nickel band. When I put it in my mouth everything goes grey and hazy, and time slows down. I guess I also turn invisible. ?

It's small for when I want a quick smoke and I can just refill it if I want more. It has a moisture catch to prevent gurgling from moist tobacco. I like the draw on it and the P-lip keeps the smoke from pointing directly at the tongue.

It also has an army mount so I don't have to worry about heat when pulling the stem off. The draft hole is really low so it doesn't miss any tobacco or get soggy. It's like the best thing since sliced rope. puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Always a shocker when for an hour or so it is my Kaywoodie Drinkless Ruf-Tone with its screw-in stem stinger, no less. You just never can tell.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
7C4E8E6A-B34C-4B03-AFB9-A77EDCE865E3.jpeg
This is my favorite pipe, a 2005 Paolo Becker Pencil Shank, Stacked Lumberman. This was my dream pipe for a long time and for a lot of reasons: I admire the story of Paolo’s father, Fritz Becker (a Jew) and his escape from Nazi annihilation to become, amongst other things, one of the premier pipe makers in the world; I love Paolo’s take on this particular shape and his sand blast technique; I’m proud to own this pipe as they are so rare to come by on the estate market; but, most importantly, this is my favorite pipe because it taught me a very valuable lesson.....
B5A1B6EF-C90C-4CEB-9288-ABFD3E1632CB.jpeg
.....it taught me how fast the things that we love can (literally) slip through our fingers.... Gam Zu L’tovah...