America, Can We Have Our Weather Back Please?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm just dreading my next electricity bill due next month :crying:
Where I live (far west Cornwall) all the snow has melted and the sun is shining......but it's still so damned cold.
Regards,
Jay.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I'm just dreading my next electricity bill due next month
Huh? I lived in Suffolk years ago and even then, every house had a pay-as-you-use meter. You went to the post office and bought prepaid cards to swipe, and if the meter hit zero - no electricity.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Get our weather back??? I've seen plenty of weather...rain...snow...freezing temps...blistering winds.
I want them to take the weather away from me!

:puffy:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The energy industry spends billions to control public opinion and defeat any movement toward clean energy. Any republican worth his salt completely disavows the problem, as have the Bushes, Reagan and Trump. Jimmy Carter installed solar panels atop the White House and Ronald Reagan took them down.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me how many people still buy into the whole "CO2/global warming" fraud.
The politicization of science is a sad thing.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Geoengineering. aka Climate Engineering.
I was going to stay out of this one, but kola called it right. The roof is one fire, but people will call you nuts for noticing.

I figured I'd join in on the saloon ruckus before the Marshall kicks us all out.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I feel like Frodo soon after the death of Boromir and the breaking of the Fellowshi.; he turns to Sam and says, "We're not alone." In that case, Gollum, of course.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
I have to make myself clear it appears. I do not believe in global warming. We have a cold February, and everyone hollers climate change. Winter is cold, summer is hot, nothing new. If the weather channel and media didn't hype it all up, none of this discussion would be taking place. As a kid we had snow in March and thought nothing of it. Now we have snow in March after the coldest month of the year every year and it turns into a political debate.
Now, geo-engineering is a real thing, but global warming is the nonsense excuse given to put a bunch of who knows what in the sky and water, mostly aluminum, barium, manganese, and who knows what else. And that is where I mean the roof is on fire. Nobody will question the manipulation that is taking place. Most just jump on one side or another.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Come on guys.....let's not bring politics into this thread.......look what happened to another member who was determined to do so on every thread!
Still very nippy here but a huge thaw countrywide is forecast which tells me the Russians have finally run out of nasty weather for export :)
Regards,
Jay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A bit off that some cannot even discuss the weather without getting into politics....
Sooooo, back to weather: we had a touch of hail this morning on the Monterey Peninsula.... So put that in your pipe and smoke it! :)

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Gentleman, I lost my head. You see a fly, and you can't help but stick out your tongue. I sometimes just feel like hey, let's bring back the old days, when I can say, "Hey bill, how are ya today?"

Bill says,"Hey Shane, it's all good. A bit nippy eh?"

"Yep, it's a bit nippy...well..have a good day!"

These days it's a battle. I should have held my peace, my error. No point in going any further. Good day to all!

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
I hope I don't get into trouble here for politics. Without weighing in on either side of the debate I will say that the politicization of science is *very* bad. Science is... science. It has gotten us this far very quickly since the scientific method was perfected. It does't know everything, but it knows it doesn't know everything. By constantly checking itself it knows more and more.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"so did you ever get your beer delivery Jay?"
Sadly not John, I have to eke out my reserve supplies until at least Monday!
This is despite the roads being clear (around this neck of the woods) since Friday, the day after my original delivery slot. And to cap it all I got an e-mail from Asda this morn telling me that my order of about 50 - 60 bottles cannot be fully fulfilled due to lack of deliveries their end......not at all happy :cry:
Regards,
Jay.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Growing up in SE Texas in the late 50's to early 70s, I remember having to wear a coat or sweater to Friday night football games some years. I also remember later years where it didn't get cold until in mid-November. Since then I've seen years where we are still wearing t-shirts and shorts to high school games and only had to pull out the sweaters for maybe a week or two.
In 1990 we had snow. In 2001, I went on a January fishing trip where we had to warm up the reels on our fishing poles to melt the ice every 15 or 20 minutes. Last year, I nevery had to put on a heavy coat. This year, I started wearing sweaters in November and actually pulled out the heavy coat I had while stationed in New York in the late 1980s.
Climate change is real. It's happens all the time. Has nothing to do with which political party supports its.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
What is clean energy? What kind of an Obtuse ass are you Salted Plug? We know you Ideologues can't stop with the Marxist Slogans? Jay has tried to keep the politics down to a minimum on his thread. Then you add insult to injury and throw Republican around and praise the idiot Jimmy Carter. What a dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.