America, Can We Have Our Weather Back Please?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Please chaps, let's not allow this thread to become a battleground for the climate change debate. It was meant as a lighthearted moan about the severe weather we are experiencing here in the UK.
To put things into perspective, I heard on local news today a seven yearold girl died in a car incident directly attributable to the adverse weather conditions in my county......all so very sad which brings a more serious aspect to to thread.
It really is bitterly cold here......my bedroom is like an icebox right now! We are just not used to nor able to deal with this kind of weather unlike those who suffer it on a regular basis.
Regards,
Jay.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
According to the local news I read yesterday, we may never see snow again here in Baku in the future. And we didn't have any this winter.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
According to the local news I read yesterday, we may never see snow again here in Baku in the future. And we didn't have any this winter.
I remember reading an article from Great Britain a few years ago saying that they were not expecting to see snow in the coming years...Since the news reported no snow in your future, you'll probably have a blizzard in Baku next winter...:)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Any word on when your beer delivery will resume Jay?"
Sadly not until Monday at the earliest! I must eke out my last supplies as best I can. Down to one bottle of Guinness Extra Foreign Stout and some pretty mediocre ales.
Odd thing is all the snow is virtually gone though it is still bitterly cold.
Regards,
Jay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I believe there are yacht pennants you can string up that signal an immediate need for assistance, spirit and beer wise.....

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
How much snow did you get, Jay? We got about 4 inches yesterday in Pensilva, and none of it has melted today. Our road, which is never touched by the grit lorry, is pure ice. Having lived in Indiana where it can get very snowy and cold, I always get a chuckle at how everything stops when Cornwall gets a wee bit of snow! Understandable, though, with so many steep and twisty roads and the council not set up to handle it for the once or twice in a decade snow storm.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There were a couple of inches at Wembley Stadium a week ago when my dear Hotspurs played. Now the staff are making the lines blue so they'll show up better....
I imagine Cornwall is several degrees warmer in Winter than London.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Climate change? I'm all for it. Who wants the same old weather all the time.
(Let's leave it at a joke.)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bitter cold frequently follows a snowfall here in Chicago. It has something or other to do with the counterclockwise rotation of the low pressure system that pulls air from the north as it passes through. So it's usually best to clear the snow before it hardens. Sending you warm wishes, Jay.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/03/01/british-snow-chaos-running-out-of-gas/
Add to the pile.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Interesting comment on Perdurabo's link....
"About time for UK to wake up and start buying some more of that cheap and plentiful Russian gas."
So that's why the Russians sent us this icy blast, just to get us to buy more of their gas!
Keep sending those wood pellets America :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.