America, Can We Have Our Weather Back Please?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
By all accounts, the reason Great Britain has the climate it does, despite its latitude is because of the Gulf Stream bringing in warm air from the American continent.
We are now suffering badly because you have cut off our supplies and now we have to get our weather from Russia!
Please can we have our weather back.....my toes are freezing?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-43226377
Regards,
Jay.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
I thought global warming took care of all that.
Yeaaaaahhh. "Once upon a time..." :lol: 8)
We will keep our warmth, thank you very much. Our flowers have been looking gorgeous since mid-February here in upstate SC.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It would appear that we have been negligent in our neighborly duties.
Everyone in the USA, please face west and send some warm air to England, Monty Python style:
I Fart In Your General Direction
You're welcome, Jay! :nana:
jay-roger.jpg
(the other one)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@jaytex: LOL
Jay just needs some music to cheer him up over there in GB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjXM6x_0KZk

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"If only someone would expose Jay's underlying political subversion in this thread."
If only there was someone about to do such a thing :)
Jay, wrong sort of warm air I'm afraid.
"It's simple. You cut off our Dunhill, we cut off your weather."
All well and good but we don't make the stuff anymore......we haven't for years.
Come on guys seriously, this is really not cricket. I'm due a large beer delivery tomorrow which is likely not going to make it up the hill to the village due to snow. How about you turn the weather back on and I'll give each of you a bottle of Shepherd Neame's finest eh?
BTW, excellent video Brian, nice peashooter matey had there ;-)
Lying nice and toasty in my electric blanketed bed......
Regards,
Jay.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
To acknowledge global climate change and take measures to correct would cost trillions, which would be bad for business, which the elites won't allow.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It's a trick! Google says Shepard Neame's is closed right now... :wink:
Founded in 1698 and family owned since 1864. Impressive.
jay-roger.jpg

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
Jay, if it makes you feel any better. I am sitting outside enjoying a bit of warmish weather right now. As I started reading this thread, a bit of a breeze came through and dropped the temperature about 10 degrees rather suddenly. My toes are now cold!

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
To acknowledge global climate change and take measures to correct would cost trillions, which would be bad for business, which the elites won't allow.
Agreed. They should do what world governments did in the early 14th century, and reverse the climate change. They were able to stop the Medieval Warm Period almost overnight (of course that led to the great famine of 1315-1317 but you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette) and they were able to usher in the Little Ice Age period which made the world climate better for everyone for the next 400 years. Good times.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The Earth's Climate has never been consistent. It changes from day to day. If the planet gets hot, we can survive and adapt. If it's gets super cold we die. Warming is nothing to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.