PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
As much I I enjoy a good conspiracy theory, they bank probably was sincerely trying to protect you. I had my card frozen for a purchase once (nothing to do with tobacco, I think it was for a washing machine or fridge or something). The item was fairly expensive. When I spoke to the bank, they said that the item was something frequently bought with stolen cards as it was high value and easy to sell on, or along those lines. I suspect that tobacco products are another target for card thieves for similar reasons.

Reactions: Carol

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I don't know about you, but I've never had a credit card interrupted. Of course, we are not conscious of the new big city ways out here in Kansas.

Reactions: Carol

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've had these morons freeze my account when I've traveled. They could literally track my travel by seeing the gas station receipts, then lock my account because I purchased tobacco in Birmingham Alabama at a shop I'd purchased from dozens of times previously. Then turn around and not catch an isolated fraudulent purchase from a liquor store in Los Angeles when I had multiple other purchases, the same day, locally 2,000 miles away. Stupid.
Same experience. Case of poorly written software and lack of human attention- or semi intelligent human attention.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Unless you unearth a second factor that would suggest some malicious intent, I'd use the concept that the simplest explanation is the most probable, simple human incompetency -- today often induced by technological malfunction originating in human incompetency.

Reactions: Carol and edger

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

MIT Reveals Roomba Vacuum Recorded Woman On The Toilet – Then the Images Ended Up on Facebook

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

KaunThePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2022
New England
www.instagram.com
This is 100% true. I've done much research on tobacco health benefits, and even have a small telegram page where I list the health benefits of tobacco. Another benefit is a 30% increase in free testosterone. In the soy war, that's a big "red flag".
On a conspiracy note:
Nicotine causes Apostosis which is the process by which heavy metals and toxins are flushed out of the body by the liver and kidneys. Some vaccines STOP Apostosis. (nanobots). Also most smokers are the least likely to be hospitalized with certain viruses because they have fewer or no Ace-2 receptors in the lungs which certain viruses need to bind to in the lungs. (Discovered in France)

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Virtually every adult (and most kids) has a cell phone and they get inside of a car each day with connectivity and engine computer memory that between the two can be used to plot their every movement.

And then there’s security cameras.

—-
The report by Safety.com finds that surveillance technology is spreading to every corner of the globe. Studies estimate there will be around one billion security cameras filming worldwide by 2021. Between 10 and 18 percent of those devices will be in the United States.
—-

Instead of cash, the use of plastic money also leaves a trail, all our mail is tracked, and our internet searches and clicks and even these posts, can be monitored.

What saves us, is for most of us our everyday lives are so boring, nobody cares.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The mom was an attorney and member of a law firm suing the Rockettes.

For obvious reasons the Rockettes don’t want lawyers poking around on their private property.

But New York should revise their public accommodations law. Have a show, sell tickets, you must sell to all members of the public, and they must behave themselves during the show, or get the boot.

But there might be exemptions. What about the church having Friday night Bingo and Mothers Against Drunk Driving want to crash the show?

What if it’s Ru Paul’s Drag Race and the church mothers against drag queens want to crash the show?

These matters aren’t so simple as they appear, on the surface.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Remember when PayPal held up or just didn't disperse the money sent to the Canadian truckers? I do. PayPal is not your friend. This kind of activity is just the prelude of what CBDC is going to be. And you can call me a CT it won't hurt my feelings.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The mom was an attorney and member of a law firm suing the Rockettes.

For obvious reasons the Rockettes don’t want lawyers poking around on their private property.

But New York should revise their public accommodations law. Have a show, sell tickets, you must sell to all members of the public, and they must behave themselves during the show, or get the boot.

But there might be exemptions. What about the church having Friday night Bingo and Mothers Against Drunk Driving want to crash the show?

What if it’s Ru Paul’s Drag Race and the church mothers against drag queens want to crash the show?

These matters aren’t so simple as they appear, on the surface.
Very few things are as simple as they are presented by any popular media. We are under a constant onslaught of snooping and messaging based on that snooping.

Status
Not open for further replies.