PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I remember when the Dixie Chicks were cancelled after 9/11. Where was the right? Today, the question can be asked, where is the left? The only balance we have is to be able to voice our voice. Restrict speech or assembly or take it away in anyway save yelling fire in a crowded theater, and you can be sure there will be a long line of restricters waiting to go take restriction to a whole other level.

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
What saves us, is for most of us our everyday lives are so boring, nobody cares.

That is assuming that we are now safe, and will be in the future, from the weaponization of such data. It may be even now used against us in ways we have yet to understand. We don’t need to get too imaginative here - simply look at China and what Silicon Valley enabled them to do…

KaunThePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2022
New England
www.instagram.com
The mom was an attorney and member of a law firm suing the Rockettes.

For obvious reasons the Rockettes don’t want lawyers poking around on their private property.

But New York should revise their public accommodations law. Have a show, sell tickets, you must sell to all members of the public, and they must behave themselves during the show, or get the boot.

But there might be exemptions. What about the church having Friday night Bingo and Mothers Against Drunk Driving want to crash the show?

What if it’s Ru Paul’s Drag Race and the church mothers against drag queens want to crash the show?

These matters aren’t so simple as they appear, on the surface.
No no no. It's as simple as you may have adversity, and may have to deal with it. That's life, and natural law. Using facial recognition to restrict someone you simply do not like is totalitarian, and allowing it to happen is a slide right into the 1984 playbook.
She wasn't suing the Rockettes, she was suing a restaurant owned by the MSG parent organization.
What if because you were fell through a railing at a Giants game, you sued the Giants, so the NFL banned you from attending all NFL games? That would be ridiculous.
What if the Church Mom against Drag Queen story hour does enjoy drag shows, but doesn't agree it should be exposed to kids?
What if MADD members play bingo, and don't drink? Or offer free rides to those who do?
Technocracy is being used to create more division, instead of less.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
No no no. It's as simple as you may have adversity, and may have to deal with it. That's life, and natural law. Using facial recognition to restrict someone you simply do not like is totalitarian, and allowing it to happen is a slide right into the 1984 playbook.
She wasn't suing the Rockettes, she was suing a restaurant owned by the MSG parent organization.
What if because you were fell through a railing at a Giants game, you sued the Giants, so the NFL banned you from attending all NFL games? That would be ridiculous.
What if the Church Mom against Drag Queen story hour does enjoy drag shows, but doesn't agree it should be exposed to kids?
What if MADD members play bingo, and don't drink? Or offer free rides to those who do?
Technocracy is being used to create more division, instead of less.
We want privacy, and need security.

Otherwise we could be murdered in our beds.

Somewhere on the scale of government oppression from the totalitarian police state of North Korea to the anarchy of Somalia are modern Western democracies, what Churchill called Christian Civilization.

In those nations the sick can get strong drugs to ease their suffering, but those same drugs cannot be sold without prescription.

My sincere belief is that nicotine and pipe smoking is a wonderful drug to relieve the storms of life.

But don’t market or sell it to kids.

(They enjoy it too much.:) )

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
So+Convenient+200.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I remember when the Dixie Chicks were cancelled after 9/11. Where was the right? Today, the question can be asked, where is the left? The only balance we have is to be able to voice our voice. Restrict speech or assembly or take it away in anyway save yelling fire in a crowded theater, and you can be sure there will be a long line of restricters waiting to go take restriction to a whole other level.
I forget who said it, but "If you don't believe in freedom of speech/expression for those you disagree with (or maybe even despise) then you don't believe in it at all."

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Jimmy Dolan owns the building, if he doesn’t want you in, tough shit, you’re out.
And I don’t recall the government having anything to do with the Dixie Chicks spiral down the crapper for that matter.

telescopes

Jimmy Dolan owns the building, if he doesn’t want you in, tough shit, you’re out.
And I don’t recall the government having anything to do with the Dixie Chicks spiral down the crapper for that matter.
Jimmy Dolan, you mean the guy he does warm up for the Dixie Chicks. The government is not the official institution that cancels anyone. That sir, is a false flag. Cancelling is done through pressure put on advertisers to drop an artist - most people know that. However, politicians use controversies to fan the flames of ignorance so that the fires burn in the direction that suits them best. Politicians are paid by a salary from the.... wait, this is just too funny... should I write it.... nay, its just too damn obvious... unless of course one has a political view that is worth the crap in their toilets... politicians are paid by us through the government. So long as they ... as they always have and will do... fan the flames of hate...yes, on both sides of the aisle...then it is safe to say government. BUT, nothing in my text referred to the government. So....Why bring up the government.... ah... that's right... to make a ...

Reactions: Carol

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Jimmy Dolan, you mean the guy he does warm up for the Dixie Chicks. The government is not the official institution that cancels anyone. That sir, is a false flag. Cancelling is done through pressure put on advertisers to drop an artist - most people know that. However, politicians use controversies to fan the flames of ignorance so that the fires burn in the direction that suits them best. Politicians are paid by a salary from the.... wait, this is just too funny... should I write it.... nay, its just too damn obvious... unless of course one has a political view that is worth the crap in their toilets... politicians are paid by us through the government. So long as they ... as they always have and will do... fan the flames of hate...yes, on both sides of the aisle...then it is safe to say government. BUT, nothing in my text referred to the government. So....Why bring up the government.... ah... that's right... to make a ...
So, Dolan owns a building, is a petty shit, and decides to keep ambulance chasing ankle biting leeches out. What is the problem?
The Dixie Chicks offend their base, base gets pissed off, record company craps themselves and deals with it.
What else should’ve happened?
I brought the gubment up because short of people voting with their wallets, I’m wondering what or who you would expect to change the will of the people.
We saw what happened to the chicks - if people are offended by Dolans antics, don’t give him your dollars. Simple. It’s the American way.

telescopes

So, Dolan owns a building, is a petty shit, and decides to keep ambulance chasing ankle biting leeches out. What is the problem?
The Dixie Chicks offend their base, base gets pissed off, record company craps themselves and deals with it.
What else should’ve happened?
I brought the gubment up because short of people voting with their wallets, I’m wondering what or you you would expect to change the will of the people.
Nothing. Yes, I am aware that a Dolan owns the building. I find it ironic that a Jimmy Dolan also opens up for the Dixie Chicks. You have to admit, that is ironic.

My point, and the only point I was making, is that people on both the left and right only care about cancel culture when their own people are the ones being cancelled.

The Dixie Chick example exemplifies this. Where was all the talk about freedom of speech from the right when they spoke up.

A little truth in advertising. I am very right of center, but I absolutely will come to the aid of my friends on the left when hypocrisy would be evident otherwise. What is true in one situation with "your guy" is true when it isn't.

Yes, I was a bit sarcastic in my reply. Probably unnecessarily, but I would have said the same in front of a group of people. It's high time we hold all sides to a high standard, and that begins with whatever side shares a similar viewpoint to our own.

For the record, I despise cancel culture. If I could, I would use Round Up on every plant in the yard of those who feel they can cancel the careers of others.

Round Up. It has served me well in the past and I am sure it will continue to do so in the future.

telescopes

Yes, the Dixie Chicks are as you say. I have seen them in concert, and I was impressed with their professionalism and their musicianship. And yeh, they have a sense of humor and a point of view. Good for them, right. They were Dixie when Dixie wasn't cool. Imagine, you have Dixie in your name and you take a shot at the government... and you get cancelled for being rebellious.

Well....

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Nothing. Yes, I am aware that a Dolan owns the building. I find it ironic that a Jimmy Dolan also opens up for the Dixie Chicks. You have to admit, that is ironic.

My point, and the only point I was making, is that people on both the left and right only care about cancel culture when their own people are the ones being cancelled.

The Dixie Chick example exemplifies this. Where was all the talk about freedom of speech from the right when they spoke up.

A little truth in advertising. I am very right of center, but I absolutely will come to the aid of my friends on the left when hypocrisy would be evident otherwise. What is true in one situation with "your guy" is true when it isn't.

Yes, I was a bit sarcastic in my reply. Probably unnecessarily, but I would have said the same in front of a group of people. It's high time we hold all sides to a high standard, and that begins with whatever side shares a similar viewpoint to our own.

For the record, I despise cancel culture. If I could, I would use Round Up on every plant in the yard of those who feel they can cancel the careers of others.

Round Up. It has served me well in the past and I am sure it will continue to do so in the future.
Well that’s a cultural gripe. The country is divided, and neither side is willing to not pounce on any morsel that will get them viewers.
Every machination since the dawn of communication has been used to achieve viewers, it’s just more noticeable now, and it’s much easier for the tribes to get on one side or the other.
The powers that be encourage this. I don’t know how to make people think critically when the force of base emotion is being pounded into them from birth.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
They were Dixie when Dixie wasn't cool. Imagine, you have Dixie in your name and you take a shot at the government... and you get cancelled for being rebellious.
For the record they're no longer Dixie Chicks...they axed the Dixie and are now just "Chicks" to appease the current societal psychopathy. "The Chicks" is totally ridiculous...and I'm sure Chicks is now also unacceptable, so I'm surprised they're even using that.

telescopes

Well that’s a cultural gripe. The country is divided, and neither side is willing to not pounce on any morsel that will get them viewers.
Every machination since the dawn of communication has been used to achieve viewers, it’s just more noticeable now, and it’s much easier for the tribes to get on one side or the other.
The powers that be encourage this. I don’t know how to make people think critically when the force of base emotion is being pounded into them from birth.
All we can do is walk the walk. With our own people as well as with those who disagree with us. My friends on the left, of which I have many given I live in Palm Springs, are good about the first part, not so good about the second part.

But, watching this country gallop to idiocy is very hard to stomach. I saw a JB Whiskey commercial today where the grandfather experiments with putting on make up so he can show his grandson how to do it before the grandson's coming out party. The tag line is that it is a whiskey commercial that will make you cry. Well, it did. But not in the manner the makers expected. I realize that companies are participating in this craziness to make crazy acceptable and to make it the norm. It's a whiskey commercial. How does selling LGBTQZFI to the power of 10 bullet points sell whiskey to men who drink whiskey?

telescopes

For the record they're no longer Dixie Chicks...they axed the Dixie and are now just "Chicks" to appease the current societal psychopathy. "The Chicks" is totally ridiculous...and I'm sure Chicks is now also unacceptable, so I'm surprised they're even using that.
Yeh, I agree. But I wonder if the act of being cancelled didn't radicalize them it that direction to begin with. Who knows.

Reactions: Carol and Briar Lee
Status
Not open for further replies.