All Pipe Smokers are Weird...Except You and Me.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Castello Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
72 Fresh Peterson Pipes
3 Fresh Becker Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
Southern U.S.A.
Back when I was a kid there was an old codger who hauled trash in the neighborhood. He always had a pipe in his mouth. He carried it in the same place all the time and the stem wore a sore on his lower lip. The sore got "really" bad and finally we didn't see him for a while. When he showed up again there was a big chunk of his lower lip missing (looked really pretty). He said he had to have an operation to remove the sore. I think the operation made it easier for him to hold the pipe, as there it was in the same old place. puffy

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
I used to know this guy who I called "Mick crazy"... but not to his face. He was obsessed with anything Irish. He had an Irish last name, pro IRA bumper sticker on his car, only liked Irish rock music, drank Guinness, and wore a lot of green clothes. He would only smoke one brand of pipe and never consider anything else. Want to guess what brand it was? puffy
Peterson?

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Maybe I'm weird; I do not suffer from "PAD", and I do not own 300 pipes because I set a hard limit on my own pipe purchasing (no intervention on the wife's part required). I've got a 12 pipe rack for my briars and pear wood pipes, and a small wooden box from the crafts store that I keep my cobs in. I don't allow myself to buy any more pipes than will fit in those two places (the only exceptions being my two churchwardens and a clay).

I smoke the same few pipes all the time, and I'm perfectly happy with that, because they all smoke superbly.

I care for my cobs and clean them just as meticulously as my briars.

I'm finicky about ghosting (despite the fact that I'm aware that it isn't as much of a problem as I often think) so I dedicate most of my pipes to blend types and will only smoke that type of blend out of them - latakia blends only, aromatics only, etc.

I've been told by some people that I lean a bit towards the obsessive-compulsive side, and I'm not going to argue against that.

Reactions: yanoJL and Tate

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I do tend to cough a lot around people who are masked up and then mutter, “Damned this covid, it’s really killing me. “
I sure as hell don't. Usually those folk have Covid, or are in danger of catching anything as they have a weak immune system. I thank them (silently!) for their diligence.

Of course, among them will be a few hypochondriacs, who are damning you for not wearing a mask.

Reactions: yanoJL

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Of course, among them will be a few hypochondriacs, who are damning you for not wearing a mask.
Where I live, this is without a doubt the case. The only thing they despise more is being misgendered or having to talk to someone who fails to leave out one’s personal pronouns when introducing themselves at a party. I’m going to a party tonight where this will once again be the case - however, a good friend of mine is hosting so I really don’t have a choice but to attend.

Reactions: FLDRD and Tate
Status
Not open for further replies.