All Pipe Smokers are Weird...Except You and Me.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Brebbia Pipes
72 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
24 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OMG, I am glad I am retired. I've never met anyone who thrust his or her "pronouns" at me.

And why use several? Doesn't one do the job of indicating gender??

Reactions: Tate

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Where I live, this is without a doubt the case. The only thing they despise more is being misgendered or having to talk to someone who fails to leave out one’s personal pronouns when introducing themselves at a party. I’m going to a party tonight where this will once again be the case - however, a good friend of mine is hosting so I really don’t have a choice but to attend.
Wear this...the hive-mind cultists will likely leave you alone:

800.jpg

Or if you would rather be the life of the party, you could wear this one:

denholrl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2011
At the recent Las Vegas show I noticed that many . . . maybe half . . . of the attendees sported beards, as do I. There were many impressive growths, some of great length and some, especially the mustaches, groomed in distinctive styles. OK maybe not weird but certainly noteworthy. Wasn't the case when I started out piping in the 1960's.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
OMG, I am glad I am retired. I've never met anyone who thrust his or her "pronouns" at me.

And why use several? Doesn't one do the job of indicating gender??
You have no idea how exhausting it is. Each and every time it feels like a setup so that “they” can demonstrate some selective outrage at the party and then post about it later. Meanwhile, you have supposed friends ”reminding“ you that we all went to make sure “they” feels safe at gatherings and is acknowledged for “their” true self. My goodness, “They” can’t even use subject and object pronouns correctly in a sentence but I am suppose to know that They only goes by plural pronouns and has confiscated a few possessive ones along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.