PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Might have, might have been edited, out of context, or even a hoax. I'm not a fan of the guy but, my opinion is based on his acting. His personal life, either real or imagined is of no interest to me unless he's on the run and a warrant exists. I have enough trouble just managing my own life.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Phil, you nailed it my friend!! We all have failings that are hidden and would cause similar eruptions from the public if we were of significant notoriety.
There is not doubt what has been declared is bad behavior, but to assert that these men have absolute flaws and souls that are lost is not in alignment with my beliefs and I'd like to think I'm a good guy who is flawed as the next person is. See their movies, don't their his movies, but please see them as a brother under the inspection of the maker, as we all are.
Peck, dear sweet man, you are so on target....grace be given and grace shall be received. Who in this world does not fall short, redemption can be for every man or woman.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I guess it's fair to say this is not an Alec Baldwin fan club forum!!! And I guess I'd feel bad for him if he otherwise didn't have a lot to say but he's a guy that seems to bring attention on himself even when he doesn't need to. As they say, "be careful of what you wish for. You just might get it". Paul Newman never had those problems and he was probably an even bigger star. Even if we grant a little charity to Mr. Baldwin, there are some things that are just not acceptable and the verbal abuse of your child is one of them. If you want to take a stand on issues, you subject yourself to public scrutiny. Public opinion is a reflection of how you conduct yourself both in plain view and behind the scenes. We all make mistakes but few of us are in the public eye, those that are need to always be mindful of that and conduct themselves accordingly. It's not about being judgmental, it's about someone that professes to have the right perspective but doesn't seem to be able to conduct himself responsibly. That contrast is fair game in my book.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Wow guys this got crazy. I am just now checking back in after posting this yesterday. If you do not like Alec Baldwin, take him personally out of the image and just look at the faces and gestures for the jokes. The "really bro" face goes nice with people telling us pipe smoking is the devil. And the use of the measuring device in the other pic goes well with how we all refresh our email/check our mailbox every 5 minutes on pipe delivery day. Take it at that and nothing more. And yes @settersbrace send some more memes to distract this politcal/emotional/off topic argument!
Lets lighten up guys and take the jokes as they are!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Pretty much it, Gloucesterman.
I would add he has been on video "losing it" with other folks also. When you make a living by nature of notoriety it behooves you to remember it. A heavy crown to wear no doubt, but the price of fame.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Wy, you know, the reason I can clench big pipes is I raised 3 teens, Boy, and a set of Twin boy&girl,2 years apart, any parent worth his salt that gets on this forum and says Dear Me it's been Peaches and Cream all the time, I discount.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Seriously? Who said that parenting is easy? I just skimmed this thing. I'm even more curious now. Who said parenting is easy?
Parenting is the second hardest on this planet thing besides figuring out a marriage. Nothing else is even close.
This does not condone personal attacks on a child.
You can be a very strict parent and unload a lot during your tenure as a parent without devolving to personal attacks. Keeping your tirade directed at behaviors and not on a personal level is what I am talking about.
I find it interesting that you are all leaping to defend him. He isn't a member of this forum and none of you know him personally. He also isn't a pipe smoker outside of his films.
I guess I can count on all of you to have my back if I ever slide down to scale to full douchebag.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Like i said guys, consider the context of the memes. Please stick to laughing at the memes themselves or refraining from viewing this thread. Not looking for a debate on Alec Baldwin and his alleged psychotic parenting. Please keep things in context to what was posted.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
+1 Warren.
Jiujitsu. Thanks for posting this. None of this reflects on you or your position on the forums.
It is just one of those things that happens. We aren't taking personal shots at one another, so it's all in good fun.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy Peck, Warren, Phil, or Brad a drink if I saw them.
I just happen to see parenting as a lightning rod issue. I'll own that.
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.